Question about EZ-flash IV Lite Deluxe

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by hazard99, Jul 26, 2010.

Jul 26, 2010
  1. hazard99
    OP

Newcomer hazard99 Newbie

United States
    Edit: This question applies to the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 or the EZ-Flash IV Lite Deluxe. I'm having hard finding the latter for sale.

Hi everyone [​IMG]

I've been reading up on this card, and it looks like the best thing for me to get. I need a slot 2 card to play some GBA games that I'm sick of carrying around everywhere.

My question: Do I need to use EZ-Flash's software to put the GBA games on my SD card? I use OS X, and I really don't want to boot up in Windows everything I want to add a new game. If I can just drag and drop my games into a folder inside the SD card, that would be amazing.

Also, if this card sucks, or if there is a better one out please let me know.

Thanks for the info [​IMG]

2. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    From what ive read you can drag and drop and It should work just fine.

3. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    All stand alone GBA slot 2 cards require ROM patching

As for running GBA games on DSL withot patching, M3 Real & GBA expansion can do this...

The 3 in 1 might also be able to do this?

4. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Yes you'll need to save patch games, and RTC patch anything requiring it (i.e. Pokemon). EZ4 Client lets you save the output ROM images anywhere you'd like and can do a batch at one time, IIRC (haven't used it in a while). You could boot into Windows, patch anything you think you might want to play and save the patched versions on your HD. Then you could just drag and drop those patched versions.

Any GBA cart better than the EZ4 is going to be VERY difficult to find, almost guaranteed to be used (not new) and prohibitively expensive. I paid more for my EZ Flash 2PS 256 Mb than I did for my GBA back in the day, and I wouldn't part w/ it (or my EZ3) w/o a very hefty sum. You are also likely to end up w/ a cart that requires a linker (the M3 perfect was the only thing better than an EZ4 for GBA that supported removable storage) and Windows only software to burn games to it. I also suspect you're going to be stuck w/ the GBA cart sized miniSD version of the EZ4 (Price Angels claims to have them). It's every bit as functional as the Lite Deluxe, just bigger.

I think you might still be able to find the NeoFlash slot 2 carts, but it's my understanding they are a pretty poor offering. I never owned one myself so I can't really comment... And you'd need to run their software under Windows.