Question about custom banners...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Deep2, Sep 13, 2008.

Sep 13, 2008

Question about custom banners... by Deep2 at 4:20 AM (1,062 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Deep2
    OP

Newcomer Deep2 Member

United States
    Yeah i've been wondering, how do u make the animated banners like homebrew channel/wii ware etc.
    I'd love to know and i bet almost everyone here at GBAtemp would like to know too.
    Thx

2. deba94

Member deba94 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If it was easy enough to explain, we'd let you all know [​IMG]. You will find in the banner.bin file a .brlan file in the anim folder. Screw around with it until you find something that works then write a tutorial [​IMG]

[For anyone that is about to type "wownt tht bixZORS yuor wiiiii??/?//?" how many times must we tell you? As long as you do not screw with the icon.bin, you will be safe from a brick. (That and editing the 00.app as a whole.) By fooling around with the brlan, all you will experience is a channel banner brick which doesn't take anything to solve.]

Good luck with the brlan-ing [​IMG]

3. Deep2
    OP

Newcomer Deep2 Member

United States
    Do you have by chance a link to the program that can read/alter the .brlan? I would be so grateful if you did have one. [​IMG]
    Thx [​IMG]

4. deba94

Member deba94 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Try 010 Editor, Hexecute, or Hex Workshop [​IMG]

5. Deep2
    OP

Newcomer Deep2 Member

United States
    No i mean like the tools that the people that made the homebrew channel used. I think that it's a bunch of different picture files and the .brlan tells the Wii where to put the Ex. like in a straight line or curve. But i still need the program that the people that made the homebrew channel used. They still haven't released the tools. [​IMG]