(Question) 3D support in emulators

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MartinDocNewland, Jul 20, 2016.

1. MartinDocNewland
    OP

MartinDocNewland Searching for the truth

Jul 7, 2012
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find another thread about it .

So......What is the likelihood of any emulators having 3d support?

Yes I asked it as after all the 3DS does have 3D but if the answer is never then why not?

2. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    It's not impossible, considering how both Nintendo and Sega have specially-patched proprietary emulators that support 3D effects.
    It would be a lot of work, and have to be done on a game-by-game basis, so it's unlikely that we'll see any in the foreseeable future.

MartinDocNewland and yuyuyup like this.
  3. holofonoro

holofonoro Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    The Retroarch devs inserted a 3D effect on their emulators starting from version 1.3.4
    However, it makes the screen tear like fuck, so most people are staying on 1.3.3 until the issue is fixed

4. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    I know games like on the Nes are made on layers so an emulator could have an opinion where the user could tweak each layer of a game to give it a 3D effect that way. I think it could be possible concidering there is that 2.5D Nes emulator on the PC and that emulator changes the layers of the game via the emulator itself so doesn't touch the games. Maybe one day lol

I just installed 1.3.6 on my N3DS so will see how bad it is lol

5. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Have you ever actually looked at the output from the 3D NES emulator?

It's not exactly pretty.

6. MartinDocNewland
    OP

Jul 7, 2012
    Yes I have seen that and it looks promising for an emulator that's not finished yet and it's more 2.5D then the 3D. I value your opinion but I think your wrong