Hacking Quake 3 Vita Porting Possibility?

Quake 3 Vita... Possible?

• Yes and in the near future!

• Yes, but not for a while...

• I don't know, but how 'bout that Jastolze person?

• No/Not anytime soon

Results are only viewable after voting.

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Crow_bar (An inactive PSP dev) ported Q3 to the PSP 2000+ and it ran pretty decent if you used small maps. Now that we have access to the extra ram/processor, do you think it would be possible in the near future to run on the Vita?

I realize the first Quake was JUST released and I'm unfamiliar with how to port games but I think this is a very good possibility. What about you? Leave a comment and answer the poll to please! Oh and be sure to note what the speeds will be if hardware rendering is done. Thanks!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The answer is "yes, definitely and full speed too", but you need to find a good dev to take care of the port and it seems that the Vita scene is picking up steam only now.

Wait and pray :P

Reactions: jastolze

gearsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the game you're thinking of Quake 3 Arena? I think that was simply Quake 3 models ported to Quake 1.

Either way, I think the vita's hardware could certainly support the Quake 3 engine.

Reactions: jastolze

jastolze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the game you're thinking of Quake 3 Arena? I think that was simply Quake 3 models ported to Quake 1.

Either way, I think the vita's hardware could certainly support the Quake 3 engine.
Nope. I meant the actual quake 3 port. Although that mod of quake 1 is also a must.

By the way gearsguy idk if you remember me but you gave me the quake 2 arena mod of q1. That would be pretty cool to get on the Vita as well. :)

Last edited by jastolze,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo