Hacking Qcma with unregistered 3.60 henkaku vita

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whatever I try, my just bought second hand vita will not connect with qcma.
It is 3.60 and I was able to setup henkaku and also the offline email hack works fine.
1 game and some homebrew work great (with Ftp).
Now I want to use qcma over USB but it asks me to enter a psn username and password.
So I made an account on my pc, but still it refuses to connect ( no registered vita found)

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to make a PSN account to use it, it doesn't have to be made with the vita tho.

You can create an account using a PS3 and transfer a game/demo to your system to activate it.

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
do you try to create account directly from psvita ?
I am afraid that messing with accounts on my vita will force an upgrade to 3.63.... that is something

You need to make a PSN account to use it, it doesn't have to be made with the vita tho.

You can create an account using a PS3 and transfer a game/demo to your system to activate it.
I don't have a ps3.

Isn't the problem that because I am on 3.60 and that Sony stopped supporting 3.60 on psn?????

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am afraid that messing with accounts on my vita will force an upgrade to 3.63.... that is something

I don't have a ps3.

Isn't the problem that because I am on 3.60 and that Sony stopped supporting 3.60 on psn?????

1) The Vita doesn't force updates, you HAVE to go into the system settings app and SELECT the option "download system software updates", once the update is downloaded you then HAVE to accept the user agreement before the system installs it... The system won't download and install updates on the background like the Wii U does, in any case you try to access PSN it will just tell you to update the system.

2) You can create a PSN account on your PC, format your Vita and during the initial set up there is an option to set up wifi and log-in into your PSN account, this will link (but not activate) the PSN account in your device and allow you to use QCMA from now on, again this wont automatically update you.

3) You are being overparanoid.
20161202_235306.jpg

This is the message that you get when you try to access PSN related stuff and you are on an outdated firmware, see that cancel button? You can just click it if you see this pop up and the system wont bother you about it again.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT