Hacking [Q] Error on boot followed by strange brick

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well, the blue LED still lights up. It just won't boot into anything, including A9LH.
Oh I thought it was completely dead, like an electrical failure. Sorry, but you'll need to get a hardmod and restore the oldest NAND backup you have (an emunand / rednand backup will also do).
I say the oldest because some sort of corruption happened there, and the oldest one will not suffer the same fate (hopefully).

Or maybe your issue could be a dead SD card, SD card adapter or a dead SD card slot, which is possible. So I'd try with multiple SD cards and adapters before giving up (it happened to me, the adapter broke)

By the way, does it power off after boot or does it stay on with the blue light? Does the backlight turn on? (get in a dark room to observe it better)

Reactions: astronautlevel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I left it alone for an hour and it started booting into A9LH again. The NAND is still kill though so I'm going to try flashing an older backup.
A long while ago when my 3ds was unhacked, it would not turn on properly (like you described) and leaving it alone for a few hours seemed to fix it.
Don't know why it happened in both cases, just saying.

Deleted member 310901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I flashed the old NAND backup...

JXKE4vXh.jpg

Same result. Glad it at least turns on though.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

JXKE4vXh.jpg

Was that the oldest backup you have? How much of the system can you access befre it gives an error? Can you launch the homebrew launcher?
And what happens if you use A9LH to launch an emunand?

(Off topic: Is that an regular n3ds or an xl? Ive never seen one and it looks classy af.)

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was that the oldest backup you have? How much of the system can you access befre it gives an error? Can you launch the homebrew launcher?
And what happens if you use A9LH to launch an emunand?

(Off topic: Is that an regular n3ds or an xl? Ive never seen one and it looks classy af.)
Looks like an N3DS XL with a transparent plastic protection shell installed.

EDIT: In any case, I wonder if you can still run Decrypt9 or enter recovery mode to update to a clean 10.7. The fact that you had issues and waiting a while seemed to fix it makes me suspect it could be a faulty hardware issue, and you should probably consider replacing your system either directly through Nintendo or buying a new one.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

JXKE4vXh.jpg

It seems to be a problem with the head tracking module (qtm) for stable 3D. Probably a bad connection between the head tracking sensors and the motherboard? Try switching the 3D on and off.

Deleted member 310901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the lastest working backup from April. I have a few more older ones that I can try when I get home. I doubt I'll get any success, though. I haven't tried emuNAND though.

I can't access the homebrew launcher either. It won't even display the home menu now. No, I did not edit the home menu.

And uh, it's a n3DS XL with a transparent rubber shell.

Reactions: Seriel

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Last edited by Wolfvak,
Reactions: a9lh-1user

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: a9lh-1user

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Luma3DS lets you enable dev mode.
I know about it, I ported it to CakesFW myself.
I told him to restore the oldest NAND backup he had, which I assumed didn't have a9lh installed.

@BrianXP7 try restoring the absolute oldest you have (if it's > 9.2, then restore the oldest <=9.2 backup you have ofc)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

.....which you should use if you know what you do!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A million times this. Users aren't supposed to enable these options unless they know what they're doing or are told to do so by someone who knows what they're doing.

Deleted member 310901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that. I told him to restore the oldest NAND backup he had, which I assumed didn't have a9lh installed.

@BrianXP7 try restoring the absolute oldest you have (if it's > 9.2, then restore the oldest <=9.2 backup you have ofc)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A million times this. Users aren't supposed to enable these options unless they know what they're doing or are told to do so by someone who knows what they're doing.

I ran out of options so I enabled it to show the error codes in the image. I obviously want my eShop access.

I don't have access to my oldest NAND backup at the moment. I will when I'm home though.

Reactions: Seriel

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
You might try creating an emunand and trying to use that instead. I have heard of a few people who have had their sysnand bricked to the point nothing would work but restoring their sysnand backup, even the "bricked" one, to emunand worked fine.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Bad news: :(
Level LEVEL_FATAL (致命的なエラーです。ソフトウェア側からは復旧できません。)
Summary SUMMARY_INTERNAL (内部エラーです。)
Module MODULE_NN_QTM
Description DESCRIPTION_TIMEOUT (1022)
Brief 操作がタイムアウトしました。
操作がタイムアウトしました。 -> "Operation has timed out".

内部エラーです。 -> "Internal Error".

致命的なエラーです。ソフトウェア側からは復旧できません。 -> "It's a fatal-like error. Can't be restored from the software side".

Just told someone to check the RSL code.

Last edited by PabloMK7,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: