Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Drinking soda will definitely pack on the fat when you are older. It will also make you a lot more tired. Oh, and destroy the enamel of your teeth of course.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hm. I'm currently living in a fly-in village in the north of Canada.

Cans of 'soda' cost $5 a piece here... considering how expensive it is to live up here with everything else costing an arm and a leg, I can live without pop.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Shinigami357 said:
LOL. Dihydrogen monoxide = water... muahahahahaha!!!
rolleyes.gif

thats_the_joke.jpg

Dihydrogen monoxide is water, and so is oxidane (mentioned above), as are hydric acid, hydrogen hydroxide, hydrogen oxide, hydrohydroxic acid, hydroxic acid, hydroxilic acid, oxidane, ?-oxido dihydrogen and, in the UK, corporation pop.

Happy?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Veho said:
Shinigami357 said:
rolleyes.gif

thats_the_joke.jpg

Dihydrogen monoxide is water, and so is oxidane (mentioned above), as are hydric acid, hydrogen hydroxide, hydrogen oxide, hydrohydroxic acid, hydroxic acid, hydroxilic acid, oxidane, ?-oxido dihydrogen and, in the UK, corporation pop.

Happy?

Oh man, that totally reminds me of this Penn and Teller clip: [in spoilers]

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I have known that Light products overall is bad for about... since they came.

My Coca Cola/dr pepper consummation:

Liters Each week: about 4
4liters x 4Weeks = 16 liters a month

I'm fat? no... I'm 1,85cm high and weight about 69 KG (also eat alot of junk food + "normal" food)

D

Deleted_171835

Diet Soda isn't good for you. More specifically, your weight. I can't be arsed to write all about it in my own words so here is a quote from an article.
QUOTE said:
"What we saw was that the more diet sodas a person drinks, the more weight they were likely to gain," she says.

That finding was a big surprise, but it reflected what nutritionist Melainie Rogers saw in her work with obese patients in New York. "When we would switch them on to diet soda off regular soda, we weren't seeing weight loss necessarily, and that was confusing to us," Rogers says. But why would diet soda make some people gain weight? There are only theories at this point but it may be as simple as people consciously eating more because they think they can. Khristianne Corro says, "If I'm having one of those pig out days, then yeah, I figure maybe it'll balance it out a little bit." And Tomczak says, "I'm drinking the diet soda and you know let me have that hamburger and fries, instead of just the hamburger alone." Researchers say physiology may also play a role. "When I put anything to my stomach that's not water then my stomach responds by increasing the gastric acid secretion," Fowler says. "Does that increase my sense of hunger and does that drive me to eat more?" If diet soda really doesn't take the weight off, it wouldn't be the first time a diet product failed to perform as expected.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/04/...in2330142.shtml
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=4271246&page=1

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Diet Soda isn't good for you. More specifically, your weight. I can't be arsed to write all about it in my own words so here is a quote from an article.
QUOTE said:
"What we saw was that the more diet sodas a person drinks, the more weight they were likely to gain," she says.

That finding was a big surprise, but it reflected what nutritionist Melainie Rogers saw in her work with obese patients in New York. "When we would switch them on to diet soda off regular soda, we weren't seeing weight loss necessarily, and that was confusing to us," Rogers says. But why would diet soda make some people gain weight? There are only theories at this point but it may be as simple as people consciously eating more because they think they can. Khristianne Corro says, "If I'm having one of those pig out days, then yeah, I figure maybe it'll balance it out a little bit." And Tomczak says, "I'm drinking the diet soda and you know let me have that hamburger and fries, instead of just the hamburger alone." Researchers say physiology may also play a role. "When I put anything to my stomach that's not water then my stomach responds by increasing the gastric acid secretion," Fowler says. "Does that increase my sense of hunger and does that drive me to eat more?" If diet soda really doesn't take the weight off, it wouldn't be the first time a diet product failed to perform as expected.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/04/...in2330142.shtml
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=4271246&page=1

I believe it would cause weight gains because fat asses eat more when they take in less calories from their drinks. Every time I see a really fat guy walk into the store, I'm like, "He's gonna come out with 6 bags of chips and a diet coke"... He came out with a diet Mountain Dew, I was close.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
I believe it would cause weight gains because fat asses eat more when they take in less calories from their drinks. Every time I see a really fat guy walk into the store, I'm like, "He's gonna come out with 6 bags of chips and a diet coke"... He came out with a diet Mountain Dew, I was close.
So people who drink only water must be super fat, right?

You are a little young to be judging people's obesity.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veho said:
Shinigami357 said:
rolleyes.gif

thats_the_joke.jpg

Happy?

LOL

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dropped soda and any form of drinks with high sugar content. Well, I have an occasional "fuze" or something, but that's about it. Don't even the last time I touched pop.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
omgpwn666 said:
So people who drink only water must be super fat, right?

You are a little young to be judging people's obesity.

Does not work like that. Fat people don't drink enough water, that's why they're fat in the first place. Bad diet choices. It's like fat people eating Oreo Cookies, "Hmm, Oreo Cookies or Ice Cream?". Now their is, "All NEW Diet Oreo Cookies!", then the fat person says, "Cool, now I can have both!". The only reason fat people are fat is because bad decisions, or a medical disease.

kirby145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a soda addict but I have limited myself to like a 12 pack for 2 weeks... But I don't follow that limit because Dr. Pepper is so good! Especially the Dr. Pepper limited edition that stuff is just crack.

Edit Oh and I'm not fat only 125 lb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1