Gaming PUNCH-OUT!!

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at the noid everyone says it works just fine on NTSC,

"Thanks for the up, I already have this, but just wanted to comment that I have been playing it on my NTSC wii and it has been running just fine from Gamma Loader, cheers!"

"I too have been playing this on my NTSC Wii (softmodded) using USB Loader 1.5 from Waninkoko and this game runs beautifully."

"FYI, this pal game works perfectly in NTSC wii's"

boybrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

ZombiePosessor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yes, I can't believe a thread I started because I was bored waiting for Punch-Out!! has gotten so many replies. I'm loving this game, even if "its short." Best 2009 Wii game yet!

rwdebes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boybrown said:
rwdebes said:
Stroganoff said:

i tried with crossover didint work, ill try that.

just want to know, if i update my 4.0u wii with the update in this PAL game , what happen ?
i think i did this sometime ago , and i dont think my wii bricked.

thanks.

There is a program called Wiijunkies that patches and burns iso's on the mac platform.

thanks ill look into it.
but i had success patching the PAL game to NTSC and then useing backup loader to run the disc with no updates at all..

kleptodathief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duz the game play SLOWER,FASTER or same speed on the usbloader vs a burnt dvd disc?
that pal punchout works fine using usbloader gx on my NTSCu 4.0u wii

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Good to see it dumped
smile.gif

Scrubbed version is 3.9 GB, so it will take some time till I get it
frown.gif

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble playing it with Flatmod installed. I get a black screen, system freeze. I've tried to patch it as well, still same results.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome game, it's just like the classic Punch-Out!! I can finally stop playing the NES game!

Been playing it using Wiimote+Nunchuck and till now it's been working fine, the motions adds to the immersion IMO. Only downside is that my arms are hurting.. but I need to lose some weight anyway! So, I'll see if I can handle the later fights with it
smile.gif

Now, I tried to use the balance board, and THAT doesn't work well.. ducking works fine, but it almost never register my dodges and when it does, it goes to the wrong side on most of the times.. :/

Tyralyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, quickly browsed through this thread, but didn't see anyone really confirming that you can NOT use the classic controller. Can anyone confirm whether one can or not please?
smile.gif

(And no, not talking about putting the wiimote sideways, that doesn't really work....)

Sir_Shaggy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tyralyon said:
Ok, quickly browsed through this thread, but didn't see anyone really confirming that you can NOT use the classic controller. Can anyone confirm whether one can or not please?
smile.gif

(And no, not talking about putting the wiimote sideways, that doesn't really work....)

There are 2 control settings, one with the wiimote + nunchunk and the other is the sideways nes style of playing. You cannot configure the wiimote + nunchunk to left hand or change any of the buttons. The only option you can change is to hold down A or Z for jab attacks using the wiimote + nunchunk style. I don't have a balance board so there might be more.

So no classic controller support. I prefer the classic controller over holding the wiimote sideways, but in Punch-Out there really isn't any need to have more than 3 buttons (a,b, start).

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Tyralyon said:
smile.gif

I don't have one to test, but there's no option in the game to use one. And there are options for Wiimote+nunchuck, wiimote sideways and balanceboard, so I'm 99% sure that you can't use the classic controller..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wut.