PSX2PSP not loading at all on linux via WINE.

ocasionallysunksmw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently, i've been trying to compile ps1 eboots from roms that i picked up from CDRomance via PSX2PSP. Originally, i tried the native version, but it just game me this:
Screenshot 2022-11-23 1.08.53 PM.png

So i tried to install kde-config, but it said it doesn't exist. so, i went to old reliable packages.debian.org, and searched kde-config. kde-config-cddb exists, but isn't the same thing, so i'm just using wine. At first, i tried using vanilla PSX2PSP, but it would make a long ass string, and not boot. No error, no command access, just acts like it's running.

Then i tired Popstation PSX2PSP, but now it just makes a small string and sticks.
Screenshot 2022-11-23 1.27.08 PM.png

Anyone know what's going on?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might try whereis kde-config. if it pops up somewhere other than /usr/bin , try a symlink with whatever you have. I think that's ln -s symlink name symlink location. it's been a while since I've used that command, so I'm hoping it's correct.

edit: nm, it's the opposite of windows, where it's symlink location then symlink.

ocasionallysunksmw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you might try whereis kde-config. if it pops up somewhere other than /usr/bin , try a symlink with whatever you have. I think that's ln -s symlink name symlink location. it's been a while since I've used that command, so I'm hoping it's correct.

edit: nm, it's the opposite of windows, where it's symlink loc
b16.jpg
ation then symlink.
Post automatically merged:

Ignore that. You use the bin file instead.
sooo... i tried getting popstationr running, and it flashed me this when i tried finalizing:

user@penguin:~/popstationr$ make
cc -Wall -Os -I. -c -o main.o main.c
cc -Wall -Os -I. -c -o toc.o toc.c
cc -Wall -Os -I. -c -o iniparser.o iniparser.c
iniparser.c: In function ‘iniparser_load’:
iniparser.c:460:32: warning: ‘sprintf’ may write a terminating nul past the end of the destination [-Wformat-overflow=]
460 | sprintf(longkey, "%s:%s", sec, key);
| ^
iniparser.c:460:9: note: ‘sprintf’ output between 2 and 2050 bytes into a destination of size 2049
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc -Wall -Os -I. -L. -L. -o popstationr main.o toc.o iniparser.o -lz -lm

Wierdly enough, this has never happened before when using the make command on github repos.

edit: nm, it's the opposite of windows, where it's symlink location then symlink.
(ignore my other post, i think i know what your talkin' bout')
I searched kde-config in /usr/bin/... and it shows up 40 times (WTF???) dunno if that's normal, but ok. gonna go hunting for other "occurences". i'll get back to you on that. on the topic of symlink, i have no clue whatsoever :(

Last edited by ocasionallysunksmw,

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sooo... i tried getting popstationr running, and it flashed me this when i tried finalizing:

user@penguin:~/popstationr$ make
cc -Wall -Os -I. -c -o main.o main.c
cc -Wall -Os -I. -c -o toc.o toc.c
cc -Wall -Os -I. -c -o iniparser.o iniparser.c
iniparser.c: In function ‘iniparser_load’:
iniparser.c:460:32: warning: ‘sprintf’ may write a terminating nul past the end of the destination [-Wformat-overflow=]
| ^
iniparser.c:460:9: note: ‘sprintf’ output between 2 and 2050 bytes into a destination of size 2049
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc -Wall -Os -I. -L. -L. -o popstationr main.o toc.o iniparser.o -lz -lm

Wierdly enough, this has never happened before when using the make command on github repos.
Those are compiler warnings you can ignore, it'll keep compiling anyway unless the developer has it set to throw an error on warnings. If it throws errors, then that is when you should be worried.

I've compiled it via Fedora WSL and attached it.

Attachments

• popstationr.zip
    37 KB · Views: 52

ocasionallysunksmw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those are compiler warnings you can ignore, it'll keep compiling anyway unless the developer has it set to throw an error on warnings. If it throws errors, then that is when you should be worried.

I've compiled it via Fedora WSL and attached it.
thx! while it did compile, i'm just gonna compare the 2 to see if there's anything missing (like a gui, or a proper command list).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night