ROM Hack PSSE - Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A new system update is out so Shuffle asks you to update if you want to connect to the servers and download the latest special stages (there aren't any new Normal/EX stages).
Smea&co are telling everyone not to update until they have checked it was alright, so I'd suggest everyone here waits until they confirm you won't loose your homebrew access with this update.

PS: note that Shuffle's version stays 1.3.20, so if you downloaded PSSE's latest version and used "Caught All available" code you already have all the "new" events because they were already included in the game's files. That includes M-Alakazam's stone that you can obtain through PSSE too, so really you won't miss anything if you don't update right now.

Last edited by supercarotte,
Reactions: jagerstaffel

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sigh... right when I'm about to get my 3DS back. A new firmware. And knowing Nintendo, they will send it to me with 11.1
They sure will. They'll also totally wipe your NAND in the process which means no a9lh, and all entrypoints have been patched due to a new home menu (though it should be easy to fix). Guess you'll have to wait a bit before you can get homebrews again.

Smynos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think I have found a small bug in the latest version (PSSE 1.3.20). When I edit a save file and click on "Save savedata.bin" I get the prompt where I can choose the file location where the savedata.bin file should be saved. But when I click Cancel on this dialog because I forgot to edit a value the "Save savedata.bin" button no longer works. It then does nothing. In this situation I can no longer save the savedata.bin file. I have to close PSSE and all values I have changed are lost and I have to start over again.

Can you please fix this?

Thanks.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I have found a small bug in the latest version (PSSE 1.3.20). When I edit a save file and click on "Save savedata.bin" I get the prompt where I can choose the file location where the savedata.bin file should be saved. But when I click Cancel on this dialog because I forgot to edit a value the "Save savedata.bin" button no longer works. It then does nothing. In this situation I can no longer save the savedata.bin file. I have to close PSSE and all values I have changed are lost and I have to start over again.

Can you please fix this?

Thanks.

That's an ashaming bug. I set a boolean to true when something is writing to the savefile to prevent anything else to write it at the same time but my syntax was stupid so it wasn't set to false after cancelling the save dialog, preventing writing to the savefile unless PSSE is reset. Furthermore, this bug has been around for a while since I last touched that function several months ago ! :wacko:
I tweaked it and pushed a new release, hopefully it's now fixed thanks to you ! :bow:

someone on twitter, said freakyhax wont launch on the new system update, anyone can confirm this?
Smea said it, so I guess it's true though I didn't update myself. He also said that OoT3DHax and CIA homebrew launcher are working (he updated the payloads). BootNTR was fixed so NTR should once again work on 11.1 as soon as astronautlevel2 pushes the .cia.
Also, someone on /r/3dshacks said that you could use ctr-httpwn to access online features without the need of updating, for those of you who would really want to enter the ongoing competition (didn't test it though).

pokemonshuffler12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an ashaming bug. I set a boolean to true when something is writing to the savefile to prevent anything else to write it at the same time but my syntax was stupid so it wasn't set to false after cancelling the save dialog, preventing writing to the savefile unless PSSE is reset. Furthermore, this bug has been around for a while since I last touched that function several months ago ! :wacko:
I tweaked it and pushed a new release, hopefully it's now fixed thanks to you ! :bow:

Smea said it, so I guess it's true though I didn't update myself. He also said that OoT3DHax and CIA homebrew launcher are working (he updated the payloads). BootNTR was fixed so NTR should once again work on 11.1 as soon as astronautlevel2 pushes the .cia.
Also, someone on /r/3dshacks said that you could use ctr-httpwn to access online features without the need of updating, for those of you who would really want to enter the ongoing competition (didn't test it though).
Someone said steelhAX, works on new forced update, anyone else tried?
how to use ctr-httpwn, i have it my hbmenu, and installed it, how to trigger it?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Madridi

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys.. I have just heard of the worst news last night.. Our friend @KaleoOmega has passed away..
http://gbatemp.net/threads/kaleoomega-is-no-longer-with-us-guys.441923/

Those who were in this thread from the beginning probably knew him and knew of his work.. He provided great info as well as @supercarotte , @SciresM , @suloku

He will be greatly missed.. RIP my friend.. :(
I do remember him. He worked on the earliest stages on PSSE, when we were barely figuring out to what corresponded some values from the savefiles. He actually was here before I did, and it was partly his work that inspired me to join them and search more values. Later on, we kept discussing in private on things like the tricks we found and wether they should be inserted IN PSSE or not. It as been a while since we last talked though, and now I understand why.
I didn't knew him that well really, but from what I knew he surely was a great person whose death is very sad.

Vultix93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm looking into buying a gateway card so that I can use the PSSE. Any suggestions on where I could get one for a good price with quick shipping?
Don't do that. Install a CFW and you're super good to go. You don't need GW to mod the save...

P.S. I was a GW user until 3 days ago...

Reactions: pbanj

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking into buying a gateway card so that I can use the PSSE. Any suggestions on where I could get one for a good price with quick shipping?
As long as your 3DS system software is 10.7 or lower you can downgrade and install a CFW.

You should be able to use homebrew on almost any system software.

I haven't used Gateway for months and it was a waste of money.

Reactions: pbanj

Sea_Dreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already done the last update so my system is at 11.1.0-34U I couldn't get the updated date otherwise. Is there anything else that I could use besides a GW card? Or is that my best bet since I have already updated?

Vultix93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have already done the last update so my system is at 11.1.0-34U I couldn't get the updated date otherwise. Is there anything else that I could use besides a GW card? Or is that my best bet since I have already updated?
you can't even use GW on 11.1.0-34

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still use Ninjahax if you can get a copy of Cubic Ninja. Then you can run the homebrew app that lets you backup gamesaves in their decrypted format.

Gateway will never run on 11 or higher until a new kernel exploit is found and that might be awhile.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1