Hacking PSRAM error?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason why I'm making this topic is because my shoulder buttons are broken...

Anyway, my SuperCard freezes all the time when I boot ROMs. I also have Bliss' Triple Loader, and the DSTT menu boots games perfectly. Since the SC saves to the PSRAM, and then to the MicroSD, can that be the problem? The DSTT saves right on the MSD, so that's why I started wondering this.

If this is in fact a PSRAM error, could I cut/paste my SC saves onto my DSTT ROM saves? They do not recognize each other on either one (ie, Tao's Adventure.sav doesn't show up when I boot it from the SuperCard, only from the DSTT. Likewise for the DSTT).

I can't fix the PSRAM myself because I don't have the tools, or the skills to do so.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already had this card for a couple of months, I doubt DX will take it back in lol.

Thanks! I didn't know mine came from a bad batch.
frown.gif

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Will aluminum foil work as well? I don't have aluminum strips like that...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, test the card for the PSRAM error- Hold L+R+UP as you turn your DS on until it enters a white screen. At this screen, press A until it starts counting some digits and letters. If at any time you get a red message saying something like PSRAM CELL ERROR! along with an address, your SC does indeed have the issue and is from the bad batch.

Mine had the error too, but I heard they fixed it with a new firmware update so that even if you get the error, games might play ok. I think it was "patch saver" or something like that. Not 100% sure.

As for the saves, you can indeed use your Supercard saves in the DSTT menu. You just have to rename them to have the exact same title as the rom file, with .sav as the extension.

And about fixing it with foil, I couldn't get that to work. Dunno if it was due to the lack of real aluminum strips, but I had to use index card paper instead. It seems to help, but doesn't 100% fix it forever. I still got the error periodically.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
First of all, test the card for the PSRAM error- Hold L+R+UP as you turn your DS on until it enters a white screen. At this screen, press A until it starts counting some digits and letters. If at any time you get a red message saying something like PSRAM CELL ERROR! along with an address, your SC does indeed have the issue and is from the bad batch.

Mine had the error too, but I heard they fixed it with a new firmware update so that even if you get the error, games might play ok. I think it was "patch saver" or something like that. Not 100% sure.

As for the saves, you can indeed use your Supercard saves in the DSTT menu. You just have to rename them to have the exact same title as the rom file, with .sav as the extension.

And about fixing it with foil, I couldn't get that to work. Dunno if it was due to the lack of real aluminum strips, but I had to use index card paper instead. It seems to help, but doesn't 100% fix it forever. I still got the error periodically.
My L button is completely unresponsive. I wish there was another way to get into that. XD

I can? Sweet. Thanks.

I'll try index card paper when I get a new flashcard. This is my only one, and I don't wanna screw it up. This is a very simple fix, but I'm still a little paranoid about it.

Thanks, I'll check their website for info on it.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The bad batch was a while ago, DX on occation will resell someone the messed up one if someone sent it back without telling DX it came from the bad batch.

You should do the PSRAM test a few times. If your error changes, it is more a hardware overheating problem that the software update can't fix. For that you should buy the aluminum sheet from a hardware store. Aluminum foil is too thin, you would have to fold it a few times to get that to work, the problem with folding the aluminum foil like that is the air spaces between act as a barrier.

Check the errors, if it is fixable by software update, thats good. If not you got 2 choices, either fix it with the aluminum sheet or buy from a different source like RHS so you can get it before christmas. RHS did go through thier stock to find out if any came from the bad batch, you should be ok if ordering from them.

In the end, do something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s