PSPEMU folder in retroarch

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by cdesign, Aug 13, 2018.

1. cdesign
    OP

cdesign Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    France
    Hi

I have a problem : i want to access my pspemu folder in retroarch cause i want my roms to be available in both adrenaline (wich only list files inside pspemu folder) and retroarch vita version.

Why can't i list PSPEMU folder in retroarch : in vitashell there is no problem for me to see it.

Thanks in advance.

2. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    PSPEMU is a hidden folder (at least it is when you try to access it via windows explorer)
    Maybe you can mark it as unhidden via windows explorer and see if it lets retroarch see the folder

Also is there any specific reason you're using retroarch in favor of adrenaline?

3. cdesign
    OP

cdesign Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2015
    France
    Sorry but even when activating the "show hidden folders" in retroarch, i still don't see the pspemu folder : what's wrong whith this?

4. Durelle

Durelle Acadien Einnnn~!

GBAtemp Patron
    Durelle is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 22, 2016
    Canada
    NB, Canada
    Have you tried editing the config file directly with vitashell? (I'm pretty sure there a file)

5. Cheezus_h_rice

Cheezus_h_rice Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Did anybody find a solution to this in the end? I’m running into the exact same problem.

Ideally I’d like to use adrenaline mainly for PSX games but also have them visible in retroarch for times when I need to use it as an alternative.

Currently, even with hidden files and folders switched on in retroarch, it displays the PSPEMU folder as empty. Vitashell shows the files with no problem so I can’t work this out. You also can’t seem to change the permission of the folder via ftp through explorer etc

I could store duplicates of the eboot files elsewhere so retroarch can pick them up but that seems like a giant waste of memory card space.

6. Cheezus_h_rice

Cheezus_h_rice Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I found a solution to this if anyone is interested: create a new PSPEMU folder on your desktop and copy it’s filesystem (do not copy and paste from the vita, rather create a new folder system with the same names). Make sure you have hidden files visible, as there’s a couple of .dat Files that need copying from the SYSTEM subfolder. Once this is done, you can delete the vita PSPEMU folder from the vita and copy your new ‘identical’ one across via ftp. Make sure you transfer your roms as well.

Adrenaline will still recognise the folder, and it is now also visible in retroarch. I think by doing this you’re essentially deleting any hidden permissions on the PSPEMU folder and starting over. Luckily Adrenaline seems to only need the correct folder name, so this is a good workaround.

Thanks!

krueger96, MUDD_BR and Tri-Z like this.