Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psp2small.jpg

(No, this is not the PSP2.)

Here we go ladies and gentlemen, more PSP2 rumors before the PSPGo even comes out. Let's see what its all about this time!

QUOTE said:
Eurogamer's Spanish outpost reckon they're in possession of some specs for an all-new PlayStation Portable, currently in the planning stages at Sony HQ. This isn't the PSPgo. It's a true successor to the PSP.

They claim that the new handheld could output games on the same level as the original Xbox, and is built around a newer version of Imagination Technology's PowerVR SGX543MP (which you can read up on here), which in its improved state would be a quad core chip. It's claimed this thing would be able to run Open GL 2.0 and, somehow, DirectX 10.

Sounds just a bit too good to be true to us, but then, who knows! All we want to know is if it has a second analogue stick...

Reached for comment, Sony would only say "we do not comment on rumour and speculation".

News Source: Kotaku

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LOL?!
They don't even released the PSP-to-go yet and yet they are planning to release a new PSP "2"?
That's ridiculous, Sony.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is it just me or does this seem similar to the winning dream handheld console we had on Gbatemp? (Maybe it will be touchscreen and then yeah, they made what someone dreamed up sometime ago =P)

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I'm worried about this is how bad the Wii will look after this. But in the end it don't matter how powerful the handheld is; its still gonna lose out to the DS2. We all know it.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i can't say tht i am surprised tht it is gona be better than the xbox bcz just now, it can do something the ps2 can't (run n64)... i really wish that ppl find something tht will attract the ppl to the psp more and more (an emulator would do... for advertising like the no$ helped me to buy a dsl totally here in africa... imagine tht)

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Ragna said:
Neko said:
DirectX 10 makes this fake ashell. There is no way MS would sell the DX technology license to Sony.
I don't think MS is selling the technology. I think it's just saying that this "PSP2" is powerful enough to run DX10 and OpenGL or whatever. lol

"It's claimed this thing would be able to run Open GL 2.0 and, somehow, DirectX 10."

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Judging by the PSPGo supposed price.
Take the price of the PSPGo, Double it. Multiply that for every pixel in the screen. Then again for the amount of RAM and storage space in bytes.
There you have what I presume will be the overpriced mess that Sony will give.
I will be looking forward to this as it means the price of PSPwhateverk will go down and save me moniez. Afterall I only want a PSP for BirthBySleep and Crisis Core. Maybe Assassins creed.
Sony will never learn from their pricing mistakes.

OnTopic: As powerful as Xbox. What's wrong with as powerful as PS2 they're basically the same graphically e.c.t
Hopefully this will push Nintendo to release a REAL new DS, not a DSii or DSi v1.001.002
Things in bold is what I care about >D

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yawn. PSP2000, PSP3000, PSP Go... PSP2? Glad I sold my PSP 1000 when I did. Sony should try concentrating on getting more quality game titles out instead of focusing on updating the hardware every 5 minutes.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if sony add the extra analog and extra triggers i'm sold. and people saying its going to have better graphics than the wii..... the article says its going to have graphics equivalent graphics as the original xbox.. not the 360. wii is more capable than the original xbox in graphics...

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Placeholder said:
Ragna said:
Neko said:
DirectX 10 makes this fake ashell. There is no way MS would sell the DX technology license to Sony.
I don't think MS is selling the technology. I think it's just saying that this "PSP2" is powerful enough to run DX10 and OpenGL or whatever. lol

"It's claimed this thing would be able to run Open GL 2.0 and, somehow, DirectX 10."
I'm pretty sure that the new iPhone 3GS technically has the ability to support DX10. That being said, it won't ever actually run it, since there's no way Apple would allow it, and no way MS would port it over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...