Hardware PSP Slim (2004) buttons do not respond in quit game screen

xen0s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I replaced the housing of my PSP 2004 with a brand new one (crystal clear). Everything went way better than expected, I even managed to not trap ANY dust under the front pannel! So I turn on my new like psp and started marveling at the scratchless screen. Everything works fine, I played some games - everything is ok. But then I tried to leave the game by pressing the home button and I am not able to select yes, and if I press X to select NO, I hear the game in the background reacting to the button press but not the menu. I just entered in Hellcat recovery flasher, and there the buttons do not function at all. Note that in all games I tried, the buttons seem to work normally. So I opened the psp again and cleaned all the connectors with alcohol and put it back together, as expected nothing changed. If i enter VSH menu, and select exit, it does not exit from the menu and all buttons stop working, note that the console does not freez - the animations of the XMB are still moving. Recovery mode (power on and hold r) works and the buttons are functioning. My firmware is 5.50 prometheus 3, on the motherboard it is written TA-088 so I guess thats my MB model. I tried disabling VSH menu and formating flash 1 but nothing changed. Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If the PSP was fine before the housing switch it's unlikely you've suddenly developed software/firmware problems.

Take it apart and start again from scratch.

xen0s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found and fixed the problem ! It turns out that the membrane for L was constantly in contact mode and none of my games used the button, so it was as if L was constantly held down. I managed to distance the 2 membranes and not it works perfectly. I am still gonna order a replacement membrane just in case. However I now have an ugly spot on the underside of the pannel above the screen so I gotta take it apart yet again T_T. Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again