Gaming PSP Games

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Jeanne D'arc was truly one of the best game ever. Sad thing is that it was never released in Europe. I've been try looking cheap one to import, but I haven't found the one yet.

And yes, Dissidia is pretty repeative in the end. Maybe because I beated Japanese version almost 100%. US version is now only about 50%. Still this is one of those must buy games.

How about Resistance Retribution? Yes, story mode sucked BIG time, but at least online was fun. I really hope that I don't need beat the story mode never ever again...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Was Jeanne 'D Arc really that good? I tried it and got stuck at one point for like forever, and gave up on the game. And I got kinda bored with Dissidia, since I played the hell out of the Japanese version, so the US version got a little repetitive.

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Disgaea 1/2
Fate/Unlimited Codes
Persona
DJ Max Portable 1/2/Clazziquai/Black Square

'nuff said.
smile.gif

*goes back to massaging oversized thumbs*

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
I am waiting for Nostalgia to come out. Playing at the moment is an old psp game Socom Tactical Strike.
Never got into the game at first. Now I am and enjoying it.

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Raika said:
Are Naruto Shippuuden and Persona good? And does Persona play like Devil Survivor DS?

This was a remake of the first persona RPG for the PS1
As far as I know, it does not share much similarities with the DS versions of the game
Persona PSP includes 2 different routes for story, involves moving around the map in first person view
The battle is also very different as it is not about controlling 2 other demons but just one
However you can attack physically with your own weapons also
demons must be summoned during battle but do not stay like Devil Summoner's did
Rather it feels more like a summon and none other than that.

Try playing Persona on emulator (PSX version). It is essentially the same game but with an extra scenario.

QUOTE(clegion @ Oct 4 2009, 02:06 AM) is undead knight any good, i am looking to buy it together with several other games

Just borrowed my brother's psp 2K and tried it out.

It feels like Warriors Orochi for some reason but the combos are less fluid
People feel heavier, and there are minor controlling issues (eg- double jump command and evade command could overlap)
You can have up to 10 zombies at a time, and any more than that would just disappear
the game lags considerably but this could have been intentional in order to make hits feel heavier.
The lag gets at its worst when killing off large enemy units as the screen loses focus of the main character and just shows the big unit taking hits not allowing the player to see their own movement

I had one error somewhere around end of chapter one (graphic glitch) and had to restart the PSP but other than that no problems so far (chapter 4 now)

The game itself is quite engaging with point system which enables character upgrade (more skills etc)
the idea of making your own army works quite well

it doesnt seem repetitive yet, but it could well become so
overall, a very fun game to play BUT it lags lags lags. I have not tested the multiplayer but if anyone could, please keep us posted.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
how much does it lag, does it go choppy or something?

i am looking to buying this game, think they would still have this lag on it? or this strange glitches people in gamefaqs are having?

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
I tried Jeanne 'D Arc and got bored of it after a while. And does anyone thing that SoulCalibur is a bit overrated? I watched some videos and found that Tekken was better.

I'm a Tekken fan, so yes, Soul Calibur is extremely overrated hahaha. Still, if you aren't really hardcore into fighting games, I think they are about the same. Heck, I'd even say Soul Calibur is better because you can actually dodge juggles by moving in the air, while in Tekken people just have to suffer the full juggle. Still I love Tekken and if you take the time to learn how to play it can be very fun.*

*There is ONE thing about PSP Soul Calibur that would be a very useful thing to add to Tekken: and that's a functional tutorial. Granted, the way Soul Calibur's tutorial is laid out is terrible, but if you pay close attention, the things you learn are actually pretty high-level. I've always felt Tekken needed something similar, as most new players never really scratch the surface of the game's strategy.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
undead knights -fully playable using 5.50 gen b2 (full) - switch to UMD and Sony N9660 to prevent the freeze ingame when you finish the end of level 1 or something like that.
smile.gif

It rocks and awesome game.
smile.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clegion said:
oh yes i agree, the tutorial told you about all the new features, i think it's more fitting for people who have learn the basic of sc

Yeah, but I was talking about stuff like frames of animation and custom combos (which they call interrupts and 'small moves' respectively). I've never seen an actual game reference those things, even in the instruction booklet. I never payed attention to that kind of stuff until I got competitive, and even then the not-so-good players don't bother to learn the patterns and frames of every other character (while the SC tutorial gives you a sizable sampling for each character).

edit: compare this with the expansive yet lacking tutorial from Soul Calibur III. They gave you plenty of practice with all of the movement systems and counters (don't remember what they are called), but they don't actually talk about finding gaps in your opponents combos or blocking moves that will cause frame loss.

fkw12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
clegion said:
how much does it lag, does it go choppy or something?

i am looking to buying this game, think they would still have this lag on it? or this strange glitches people in gamefaqs are having?

When moving around the screen it doesnt lag. But everything from jumping to attacking the mob does. Maybe it is not lag but rather intentional to make the hits seem heavier but over all it is playable.

You'll see what I mean once you play the game. I assume it will lag more not less, if you buy the game on UMD.

Just dont expect Orochi 2 style action (much more fluid).

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
Holy Invasion Of Privacy Badman! It's awesome fun, and pretty addictive. Takes a bit of getting used to but totally worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple