PSP Emulation on the Switch?

Stormflora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How good is it? I heard that you either use PPSSPP or RetroArch, and that you should overclock the Switch. Is that correct?
How is compatibility? What are the frame rates like?

mister_smang_n_watch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How good is it? I heard that you either use PPSSPP or RetroArch, and that you should overclock the Switch. Is that correct?
How is compatibility? What are the frame rates like?
I use PPSSPP. I've heard it's better than using retroarch. But haven't tried retroarch for PSP so not sure how much better it is. Runs really well and I didn't overclock anything. I've only tested Persona 1 and 2 though, which I mean those are turn based RPGs so framerate isn't a huge deal. But looks and runs great from what I can tell. Wouldn't hurt to try it out yourself.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like there's a couple of the heaviest games that struggle to run full speed, one of them being God of War iirc. Most stuff should run great.
Most stuff does, but for some reason I struggle to get the simplest game on the PSP library to play with decent framerates. This game struggles even on other devices, but plays great on PC. Looking at you, Everyday Shooter.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tested crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, Valkyria Chronicles 2/3 and Silent Hill games.
On old v1 with ppsspp standalone.
Only silent Hill lag. Cause this game is heavy to run i heard. Not tested Medievil

Reactions: Stormflora

Stormflora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like there's a couple of the heaviest games that struggle to run full speed, one of them being God of War iirc. Most stuff should run great.
What exactly is "full speed" in terms of PSP games? 60 FPS? Or 30 FPS?
Most stuff does, but for some reason I struggle to get the simplest game on the PSP library to play with decent framerates. This game struggles even on other devices, but plays great on PC. Looking at you, Everyday Shooter.
Tested crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, Valkyria Chronicles 2/3 and Silent Hill games.
On old v1 with ppsspp standalone.
Only silent Hill lag. Cause this game is heavy to run i heard. Not tested Medievil
Thanks; I guess I'll have to test games out myself to see which ones play or don't play well.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm using retroarch and while not every game works, many run great at full speed. I'm actually impressed playing Tekken 6 is possible on Switch !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls