PSA: Convert video to .moflex

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Lycanroc, Jul 8, 2016.

1. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    here is a plain white .bimg file, having a play about with the file format, seems like it would be simple enough to figure out for the programing savvy sorts i would imagine

Attached Files:

I pwned U! likes this.
  2. juli299

juli299 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys,

I have now finally found a way to convert 3D .moflex videos to get them onto YouTube! Yes, the quality is not that good, but this is to be expected from a 400x240 video :D So if someone has a pair of anaglyph glasses laying around or a 3D TV, you can see the result here:

I pwned U! and DarkSynopsis like this.
  3. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Do you know how to do the opposite?
    I mean take a mp4 video, convert it to 3D, then inject it in moflex, and have a good video in 3d on the 3DS xD

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Top quality .bimg ^_^
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    How do you open/edit them :unsure: ?

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    lol in a totally backwards manner, this is that picture (before converting to FF's and 00's) :rofl2:

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    You must start by converting the video to avi (with any supported codec) -- both side-by-side (double horizontal resolution) and interleaved (1 frame left picture, next frame right picture) are supported!

Asia81 likes this.
  8. juli299

juli299 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Ryccardo likes this.
  9. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    I would be happy too :)

10. Subötaï

Subötaï GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2016
    using virtual dub with moflex codec?

11. juli299

juli299 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Does such a codec for VirtualDub exist? This would've made things a lot easier, but no, I found my own way to do that. ;)

12. Subötaï

Subötaï GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2016
    which way? I need it

13. spkuja

spkuja GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    How dd you fix this? I've downloaded the User.lic file, tried to install it through the help part of Mobiclip but it's still saying I have no license? Any ideas?

14. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Mobliclip -> help-> install license.

15. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Any chance you could say how? :)

16. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    "Yes, but it involves quite a few steps and you have to possess the official Mobiclip Encoder from Nintendo.

You will first need to download Gericoms Mobiclip Decoder and extract it. Then use the included MobiConverter.exe to convert your .moflex file to an .AVI file (command line: MobiConverter.exe -d yourmoflexfile.moflex youroutputname.avi). The output file will be pretty big, but if the video you converted was a 2D video you could already upload it to YouTube. If it was a 3D video however, you will notice that the video looks really weird if you play it. That's because the video streams for both eyes (left and right) are stored together in this one AVI file, making it an interleaved AVI. I've been searching for a way to split both streams into 2 separate videos for a long time. Fortunately, the official Mobiclip Encoder from Nintendo makes that possible.

So you need to do the following:
    • Open up the Mobiclip Multicore Encoder and create a new graph. On the left side, add "Input Filters -> Video Files", double click the red box that will pop up to edit this filter and add the interleaved AVI you just converted. Tick the box "3D-Interleaved" to tell the program that this video file is already in 3D.
    • Next, add "3D Filters -> Convert 3D to 2D" and connect it with the "Video Files" filter. This is where it can get a bit tricky: depending on the video, the filter can stay red and show the message "Input video frame count must be an even number". If it does show that, add the "Timeline Filters -> Trim" filter in front of it and use it to cut away one frame at the end to make the number in the field "Total Frames" even. Then click OK and all filters should turn green.
    • Last, add the "Encode Filters -> Uncompressed AVI" filter and choose a location to save the output file to. Please note: You will have to convert the video 2 times, one to get a video with the left-eye image (double click the box for "Convert 3D to 2D" and tick "Keep left-eye frames") and a second time to get the video with the right-eye image (untick the "Keep left-eye frames" because obviously that'll keep the right-eye frames). Each time, click on "Queue Job" on the bottom, change to the "Job Queue" tab and hit "Start Queue" to start the conversion.
    • After you have both video files, you have to use a video editor to arrange them side-by-side so that you can upload them to YouTube. I used Sony Vegas to do that, but that is different for every program. Maybe this can help you understand better what you need to do, it also explains the settings you have to take on YouTube: http://www.andrewnoske.com/wiki/YouTube_-_uploading_3D_side_by_side_videos
    That's basically it. I tried to describe everything as good as possible and hope this will help you. :)"

All credits to @juli299 ... :P

Last edited by Omegadrien, Aug 30, 2016
  17. spkuja

spkuja GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    I finally got it working. I'd downloaded the wrong license it would seem. Thanks :)

Omegadrien likes this.
  18. lordkaos

lordkaos GBAtemp Fan

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    hello everybody, i've been trying to convert a 3d movie for over a month with no success, the moflex converter always hangs right at 100% completion on the 2nd pass without finishing the job, the resulting moflex works but doesn't have time frames, have any of you encountered this problem before?, how do i fix it?, thanks in advance.

19. JVF

JVF Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2016
    Hello to everyone. If anybody's curious, you can use the "Treasures of the World" cia which allows more languages for the menu and customizing the "copyright" section.

Last edited by JVF, Sep 30, 2016
  20. heron

heron Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United States
    I converted a few movies and end up with no timeline as well (hangs at 99% 2nd pass), any help for a fix would be appreciated!

EDIT:
    okay I found a thread from another site saying we have to wait for a finish message to popup after the 99% or we get the timeline error when playing on the 3ds.

Last edited by heron, Dec 28, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice