PS4 Controller ribbon foil problem

JackTheFroster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i once cleaned my controller, took it apart and put it back together. After some time the R2 button was broken. I took it apart again and saw on the ribbon foil a scratch. I ordered a new foil and replaced it. Controller worked fine again. Now not even half a year later, it had the same problem again. Now there are other marks (Photo). I don't know if something is scratching on it and if, it should be the "touchscreen". The part is seen on the photo too. Am i doing something wrong with attaching everything back together? I don't want to buy a new foil every few months again...

Attachments

• 20211010_005257.jpg
    20211010_005257.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am i doing something wrong with attaching everything back together? I don't want to buy a new foil every few months again...

Strange. Maybe when you get a new ribbon, cover that spot with extra tape?

There isn't supposed to be anything making contact to that ribbon. You can cut off any point that come down on that area...

Just 2 ideas, I've never heard of this issue before.

JackTheFroster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Strange. Maybe when you get a new ribbon, cover that spot with extra tape?

There isn't supposed to be anything making contact to that ribbon. You can cut off any point that come down on that area...

Just 2 ideas, I've never heard of this issue before.
i honestly want to know why this is happening, but i'll try your ideas next time ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o