Hacking PS3 stopped reading 3 game discs

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My PS3 stopped reading 3 discs: God of War: Ascension, The Last of Us and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. They make some odd noises, then it seems they'll be ejected (at least they do that noise) but it seems thst actually return (they don't appear in the tray) and they stop making noise at all (even the "normal" ones). The games' icons never appear on the XMB. Are these games more "demanding" and if so the PS3 struggles more to read them? I don't know how to unscrew the PS3 and I'm afraid to do it.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Last of Us killed my disc drive on my first slim I owned. I know for a fact TLoU is a dual-layered disc and is harder on the drive.

MasterZoilus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More than likely its your laser, an easy way to test is if you have a DVD (NOT a bluray) laying around somewhere or get one from somebody, stick it in the system. Lots of times the blurays won't read but dvd's will which means you need a new laser thingy. The bluray one doesn't work.

if that is the issue then you can get a laser with the whole assembly deal like this, instead of just the laser by itself:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacemen...2501A-KEM-450DAA-KES-450DAA-Deck/140832993256

the laser mechanism itself is only like $3 or $4 cheaper than with the whole assembly BUT its much more of a pain to install.
That above, makes it much easier!

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
More than likely its your laser, an easy way to test is if you have a DVD (NOT a bluray) laying around somewhere or get one from somebody, stick it in the system. Lots of times the blurays won't read but dvd's will which means you need a new laser thingy. The bluray one doesn't work.

if that is the issue then you can get a laser with the whole assembly deal like this, instead of just the laser by itself:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacemen...2501A-KEM-450DAA-KES-450DAA-Deck/140832993256

the laser mechanism itself is only like $3 or $4 cheaper than with the whole assembly BUT its much more of a pain to install.
That above, makes it much easier!

That's what I read, and yes, DVDs work. Well, I guess I'll buy a PS3 since I don't know how to change the components.

EDIT: My PS3 stopped reading every BRs.

EDIT 2: I bought an used PS3 and it doesn't have the previous issue.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a