Hacking ps3 rebug 4.81.2 - Transferring to another HDD

Herald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm relatively new to the ps3 cfw scene, and the ps3 system i purchased only has 110 hard drive. I've watched some videos on how to transfer to another hdd, but unfortunately, there is no hdd utility transfer option in my debug settings? Is there something specific i need to toggle in the rebug settings? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm currently on the latest version of rebug 4.81.2 on a ps3 slim.

Last edited by Herald,

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use another hdd you will be able to reinstall your cfw on it. As far as I know the backup will only work on the ps3 it came from.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you install another harddrive the ps3 will format it and install ps3 firmware onto the hardrive from a flashdrive. Just be sure to put cfw on the flashdrive. I have personally done it.

I would take any discs out as well, just to be safe. There is an update file on every ps3 disc.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

Herald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you install another harddrive the ps3 will format it and install ps3 firmware onto the hardrive from a flashdrive. Just be sure to put cfw on the flashdrive. I have personally done it.

I would take any discs out as well, just to be safe. There is an update file on every ps3 disc.

I see, so disabling network as well then. How do i transfer the cfw to a flashdrive? Any links, or any simple steps? Thanks!

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so disabling network as well then. How do i transfer the cfw to a flashdrive? Any links, or any simple steps? Thanks!
Download the latest rebug from their site and put it on the flashdrive. Set up the folders the same way you would if you were doing a regular update.

root/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Keep in mind you'll still lose all your data so make a backup beforehand.

Last edited by invaderyoyo,

Herald

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the latest rebug from their site and put it on the flashdrive. Set up the folders the same way you would if you were doing a regular update.

root/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Keep in mind you'll still lose all your data so make a backup beforehand.

Thanks!

Problem is though,there are no backup settings to toggle when i go into system settings or rebug settings.

I've already set everything to normal/retail settings (at least i think i did)

Do i need to downgrade to 3.55 and reinstall 4.81.2?

Last edited by Herald,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂