GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just check the ps3 backup compatibility list and is shows that some games like Tales of Graces F and Marvel vs campcom 3(not ultimate, the old one) works fine but when I try to play it, it doesn't work.
my settings are 3.55 kmeaw and the latests multiman.
No dics because my disc drive is broken. but it says that it plays discless on the list.
Am I missing anything here? any new programs or something that makes more games work or a new method or fixes?
I haven't been on the scene since my ps3 broke from ylod about 8month ago and I just fixed it yesterday so any update or help would be nice.
thanks

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Marvel Capcom 3 (not ultimate) on my External Hard Drive with eboot patched and it works perfectly fine on my3.41.3 rebug. :) You need to research on the google. There are available for Marvel vs Capcom 3 being playable on 3.55 and lower.

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Marvel vs Capcom works for me too. try to redownload it
do other game work or is it just those two?

Edit: did you start them by pressing select+X?

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try running it internal first, see if that changes anything. I've never heard of it in the case of MvC3, but some games work when you install to internal then move to external. makes no sense to me.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Marvel vs Capcom works for me too. try to redownload it
do other game work or is it just those two?

Edit: did you start them by pressing select+X?
So far just those too. I tried tales of vesperia and initial D and it works fine. haven't try the select + X. I'll try it later when I get home. Thank you

Maybe it detects that your drive is not working?
It's not working at all (like not detected) or only not reading disc correctly?
not working at all I guess. since its not accepting nor ejecting discs. I've opened it and put a game inside manually to see if it works but it didn't either.
try running it internal first, see if that changes anything. I've never heard of it in the case of MvC3, but some games work when you install to internal then move to external. makes no sense to me.
i'll try that later when i get home too. thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It could be because your drive is dead then :/

I remember that there were a patch to completely disable the drive in custom firmware (it was needed to downgrade console with broken drives).
I don't know if it would be useful for games compatibility, it was mostly used for downgrade.

I don't suggest that you downgrade, as I can't help you a lot with that.
Maybe someone has the knowledge to disable the drive without downgrading.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It could be because your drive is dead then :/

I remember that there were a patch to completely disable the drive in custom firmware (it was needed to downgrade console with broken drives).
I don't know if it would be useful for games compatibility, it was mostly used for downgrade.

I don't suggest that you downgrade, as I can't help you a lot with that.
Maybe someone has the knowledge to disable the drive without downgrading.
I see.. :(
well thanks anyways. i'll try googling it to see what can I find.
if not I'll come back here to ask again :P

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='Cyan']
i think his BD drive board works fine, just the laser module isnt working. if it was the drive broken, he might not able to play any games at all.

@[member='C175R']
i think it has something to do with the file permission. The only thing i suggest for now is do a file permission check first before running a game. If it doesnt work, try re-dumping the game. If everything else fails, do restore factory defaults, format your drive, re-install 3.55OFW, and re-do the hack.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Cyan']
i think his BD drive board works fine, just the laser module isnt working. if it was the drive broken, he might not able to play any games at all.

@[member='C175R']
i think it has something to do with the file permission. The only thing i suggest for now is do a file permission check first before running a game. If it doesnt work, try re-dumping the game. If everything else fails, do restore factory defaults, format your drive, re-install 3.55OFW, and re-do the hack.
thanks i'll try that when I have some extra time.
and I think the BD drvie isn;t completly broken either now. I opened it to see if something was stuck on the drive n since there was nothing I closed it back but I guess I moved one of the pieces inside trying to "fix" it and tried ot and the PS3 started to make this wierd noise from the BD drive like if something is about to crack. that noise only came on when it was truing to read a disc. I tried a game just in case before putting what i moved and nothign worked at all. so i put it back and the games that I was able to play before worked again. sadly not the oens that I wanted to play tho.
Sorry i suck at explaing stuffs like this lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?