PS2 Fat Flip Top From GhostCases.com / ModChipInc.com

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by shaned145, Jul 17, 2010.

1. shaned145
    OP

Newcomer shaned145 Member

United States
    I'm about to place an order for a fat ps2 flip top (v4-11) and before I purchase this, has anyone done business with them? Are they good with shipping? I just need to know so I don't get ripped off. Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
    I just placed the order anyway since no one informed me whether or not they're a scam. I will post a reply when I receive (or don't) my product to assure anyone else whose looking into purchasing from them. Thanks anyways....

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you just need to swap discs < 10 times, i recommend just opening the ps2. And if you do it more often, you could stick to the a slide tool. Swapping discs while they are spinning damages your drive, but i see no reason to do that. Only reason to me to swap discs are:
    Softmodding the ps2 with the cheapest method, will damage your drive, but you will only do it until it worked 1 time
    Play ps1 backups(only V9+, maybe only V9 or V10, not sure), and when doing this, you can let uLaunchELF stop the drive

3. shaned145
    OP

United States
    I already set up my PS2 with Free McBoot and I already have my PS2 opened to swap my PSone original with my back-ups. And yes I use uLaunchELF to to stop the drive on startup so that I won't mess up the gears of my PS2. The reason why I want a flip top is because my wife and I have quite a few cats who like to jump up on our desk which so happens to have our PS2 hooked up on. Plus the fact that cat fur is more than likely to get into our PS2 more when its wide open. And I know that even a flip top won't help as much as to keep the fur out, its just that I don't want the cats to jump on an opened PS2 and, God forbid, break ANY of the parts inside of it. Also, not sound like an a-hole or nothing, but PLEASE, when replying, reply to the question and NOT how you have your stuff set up cause it annoys me when someone replies and doesn't answer ANY of my questions. Thanks. >_>

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I'm sorry for that, it's just there's so many idiots around that don't know what they want,. And i'm an even greater idiot trying to help them even if they don't care enough to put the info in their post why they need what they ask for. Could have been that you didn't know about the other 2 ways to swap discs, sorry again.

PS: If my cat would jump on an opened ps2, i would worry about the cat not the ps2

5. shaned145
    OP

United States
    Hey man I'm sorry too. This past week has been brutal to me. (been trying to find a job...ughhh...lol) And I guess I would feel worried about the cats even more, its just I have this messed up view that if they're stupid enough to do it, it's their own damn fault! (lol jk jk) But I do appreciate your input, I just didn't know if I should trust this website or not. Thanks man!

EDIT:
    I just emailed them asking when it should arrive to my door, they said in about 2 days so I will be keeping that in mind. I will keep everyone updated!