PS1 controller mods?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Gamemaster1379, Oct 5, 2009.

Oct 5, 2009

PS1 controller mods? by Gamemaster1379 at 12:22 AM (968 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hey everybody, a couple of weeks ago I found an old Playstation 1 third party controller. The thing was pretty screwed up (the joysticks were utterly useless), so I disassembled the controller and use a few parts from the joysticks of it to fix my Xbox controller. Now then, after having fixed my Xbox controller, I'm still left with a bag full of 3rd party Playstation controller buttons, cut wires to rumble packs and axis parts (without the joystick parts to go with them), and a fully functional motherboard with it's connection cable. I really don't know what to do with it though, and without it's axes(I believe that's the correct plural form), I don't know if there's any how-to's it'd qualify for anymore. [​IMG] Quite frankly, I was thinking of taking it's cable and splicing it with another controller's cable to use on my playstation or computer (I have a PSX/PS2 to USB adapter for use with my PC), but I don't want to risk wasting a perfectly good controller with this lousy broken thing. [​IMG]

tl;dr, what can I do with a crappy third party PSX controller without joysticks. [​IMG]

2. scooochie4

Newcomer scooochie4 Advanced Member

Ireland
    you could create an arcade stick out of it! You could solder to the button connectors on the pcb and then attach arcade buttons. You can solder to the directional inputs and attach a stick. That's what i'd do