Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
201112814112158112_8.jpg

The Egyptians had enough.[/p]

QUOTE said:
January 2011: Activists in Egypt call for an uprising in their own country, to protest against poverty, unemployment, government corruption and the rule of president Hosni Mubarak, who has been in power for three decades.

January 25: On a national holiday to commemorate the police forces, Egyptians take to the streets in large numbers, calling it a "day of rage".

Thousands march in downtown Cairo, heading towards the offices of the ruling National Democratic Party, as well as the foreign ministry and the state television. Similar protests are reported in other towns across the country.

After a few hours of relative calm, police and demonstrators clash; police fired tear gas and use water cannons against demonstrators crying out "Down with Mubarak'' in Cairo's main Tahrir Square.

Protests break out in the Mediterranean city of Alexandria, the Nile Delta cities of Mansura and Tanta and in the southern cities of Aswan and Assiut, witnesses say.

Hours after the countrywide protests began, the interior ministry issues a statement blaming the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's technically banned but largest opposition party, for fomenting the unrest - a claim that the Muslim Brotherhood denies.

Egypt protest organisers heavily relied on social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter.

Egypt's interior minister says three protesters and a police officer have been killed during the anti-government demonstrations.

icon11.gif
Source

Egypt actually cut of the internet, they disconnected their entire country.

I have a few Egyptian friends and they have been complaining for years about the president as being a corrupt vile man.
I for one support them in their protest

Not much else I can say, just check out the source

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
kinda strange tht this was posted now cuz its all over the news... thanks

the issue comes (IMO) if the new government/prez will be the same as the current one. If that is the case, then like tunisia (i feel their new body is not right) we will just have a calming personality coming who infact will just continue as prev done

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
kinda strange tht this was posted now cuz its all over the news... thanks

the issue comes (IMO) if the new government/prez will be the same as the current one. If that is the case, then like tunisia (i feel their new body is not right) we will just have a calming personality coming who infact will just continue as prev done
I dont get the first part...

But yea thats my fear aswel, but the people now realized that there is no need to be afraid and that they can stand up to their government

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly this kind of reflects our problem in a much subtle way. It just that those people are fighting against the same issue for years. It just now they are willing to cause as much mayhem as possible to get their point across.

Honestly, if our military goes there to 'calm' the crisis then we are about as clueless as not seeing the next attack in the US!

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Muslim brotherhood takes over in the chaos that follows we'll be a good step closer to the whole middle east blowing up. It'd be war if Egypt turns into another Iran. At least the current government opposes Islamic radicals. I really hope the government crushes the protesters and Egypt takes the slow road to reform.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Fireballo said:
If the Muslim brotherhood takes over in the chaos that follows we'll be a good step closer to the whole middle east blowing up. It'd be war if Egypt turns into another Iran. At least the current government opposes Islamic radicals. I really hope the government crushes the protesters and Egypt takes the slow road to reform.

That's not going to happen, right now there's a HUGE wrestling with corruption and anger. So nothing going to 'calm' down as far as I know.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Fireballo said:
Slow road to reform isn't going to happen when the government is corrupt in the first place.
rolleyes.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I seriously want to discuss this on a mature level, no random BS or stupid recurring naivity!

On-Topic: Sadly this protect is going to last for a good while. I remember somewhere around 2005 or 2006 that this incident has happen before.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vidboy10 said:
Really REALLY late dude...

Somebody (I) should of posted this 5 days ago.
Yea I know, but I didnt hear about this until shit hit the fan in Egypt which was thursday and I didnt have time earlier :/

Also, as for now NO ONE should take control, the army (if they arent supporting the current president) since its all the people of Egypt hqving a revolution and one party taking control in this chaos will only ensue in more chaos.

Also I have received word that Anon decided to get mixed up in this

I saw the Obama speech last night and to be honest it was crap, even France and Brittain had better speeches about this

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RoyalCardMan said:
I would say "Fight for country and destroy darkness of arrogant government."

But of course, they would go against me and try to kill me.

You do realise the current spate of unrest in these parts of the Arab world are pro-democracy ant-corruption, not pro Islamist? The government is trying to blame a right wing Islamist party to get the rest of the world to look over their heavy handed treatment of their own people. Think about it, this man has been in power for non stop 30 years, he knows how to make his dictatorship not look like one to the outside world. Except I think it's more "he aint bothering us, leave him too it".

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick update

The former Minister of Aviation has been named as Prime Minister

And the Vice-Minister is now Omar Suleiman
QUOTE said:
Lieutenant General Omar Suleiman (Arabic: ??? ???????) (born July 2, 1936) is the current Vice-President of Egypt, and was formally a Minister without portfolio and director of the Egyptian General Intelligence Directorate (EGID), the national intelligence agency of Egypt. He has been in office since 1993. In his role as director of EGID, the British Daily Telegraph dubbed him as "one of the world's most powerful spy chiefs". Foreign Policy magazine ranked him the Middle East's most powerful intelligence chief, ahead of Mossad chief Meir Dagan.[1][2]

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i "heard" that the president resigned.

also, not much can be said for basically everything around here

Tunisia, Lebanon (
dry.gif
) - the domino effect.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
i "heard" that the president resigned.

also, not much can be said for basically everything around here

Tunisia, Lebanon (
dry.gif
) - the domino effect.
The man refuses to step down and is just screwing everyone around

I reckon if Egypt succeeds into removing the current "president" from power even more countries will follow, something I can only hope for

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them