Project M USB Loader booting problems..

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CJ_Oatmealski, Mar 13, 2014.

1. CJ_Oatmealski
    OP

CJ_Oatmealski Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2013
    United States
    Dunnelon FL
    Hello GBATEMP, how are you?

I have a question about my Project M. For months now I have been running Project M through USB Loader GX without any problems. Yesterday I was bored and wanted to install priiloader so it would boot directly to USB Loader GX, here's the thing... It boots properly, but whenever I select Super Smash Bros. Brawl it boots vanilla brawl with the Project M character select screen, Whenever I start playing it freezes. I have been using an 8gb SD card since I have done homebrew and before priiloader it was able to run without any problems. I downloaded USB Loader CFG to see if it was GX causing the problem, it does load Project M properly, but whenever I select my stage it takes 1-2 minutes for it to boot. I put Project M on a 2gb SD card, which does boot on both USB Loaders, but I still have to deal with the stage loading time. It was ever since I installed priiloader I have been having these problems. It is very irritating.

I am running homebrew on 4.3u, 8gb SD card, I have Ocarina enabled and set hooktype to VBI. I followed this tutorial:

Who ever can help me it'd be much obliged.:P

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    It's probably the issue most priiloader have encountered:

in priiloader, don't install the USBLoader's boot.dol, but the forwarder's boot.dol (that dol is located in the wad/forwarder/ folder in the all-in-one package)
    or if possible, set to auto-launch the forwarder channel (TitleID: UNEO), which will grant you AHB access.

edit 2018 :
    don't follow the 2014 suggestion.
    install the forwarder channel, and then install this in priiloader instead :
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/us...EO Channel Booter for Priiloader.zip/download

Last edited by Cyan, Feb 1, 2018
    CyberMario likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice