Status
Not open for further replies.

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I mean that they put the effort in to make games. they deserve to get this money - they're not asking for much after all.

If people are pirating free versions of it, these people who would have paid for it and given the developer money won't do that now, so the developer will lose money on what they made. Which means that they are less likely to bother making games.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
teq said:
CockroachMan said:
Really.. have you played Lost Winds?

Not to mention World of Goo, Animales de la Muerte, Eternity Child and the Strong Bad game that are still to come..

Hm... funny... I don't see Lost Winds listed anywhere on the thread...
Oh, right, that's because it's been dumped to no end already. Do a bit of reading out of your own personal context for once, yeah?

Besides, Lost Winds was no more than a "proof of concept" demo. It lacks the depth to be called an actual game.

As for the rest of the titles you mentioned, they all sound like Mexican post-grunge bands. But, really, none of them have been released yet..... so I fail to see any point in your post.

My point is that there are good games on WiiWare, of course there is a lot of crap over there too.. anyway, the most expensive games are 10 bucks, if you don't want them, then just don't buy..

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
What you're suggesting is illegal in most countries 321, GBATemp aren't going to start distributing warez, they're close enough to the line by simply indexing them. What you need to do is find a few like-minded people and form a release group... Discuss it elsewhere though, maybe on IRC (and using a BNC).

Oh, and try not to get yourself arrested
wink.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think the poor guy is just trying to spread some games around for OUR benefit, and everyone seems to be going after him like a pack of wild dogs.

I don't support what you are doing because the developers of WiiWare DO need the money. However, I think we are all being a bit unrealistic. I think that if it's not 321 today that does this, it will be someone else at a later time. It's just inevitable.

If he got the OK from a higher-up to do this, then it should be fine. I'm sure they know the consequences that this could bring.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Warcueid said:
I think the poor guy is just trying to spread some games around for OUR benefit, and everyone seems to be going after him like a pack of wild dogs.

I don't support what you are doing because the developers of WiiWare DO need the money. However, I think we are all being a bit unrealistic. I think that if it's not 321 today that does this, it will be someone else at a later time. It's just inevitable.

If he got the OK from a higher-up to do this, then it should be fine. I'm sure they know the consequences that this could bring.

It's piracy, and illegal no matter what you or anyone else thinks. He's not some poor guy doing something for our benefit. And sure, someone else will do it if he doesn't. But when you come to a forum that specifically states (among other things) no asking for roms and say "hey lets start pirating/releasing games/apps/music/etc" what do you expect?

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is illeagal? I didn't know that... I thought this was like those phone games where you can get it free legally...
So I think I should stop this. Someone please report a moderators.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
321 said:
This is illeagal? I didn't know that... I thought this was like those phone games where you can get it free legally...
So I think I should stop this. Someone please report a moderators.

Yes it's illegal. You have no rights whatsoever to make a copy of copyrighted work. Even the whole "fair use" thing is in question these days.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grubbymitts said:
People are very impatient, aren't they? The release groups will get around to dumping all these games eventually.

its been almost a month since SPOGS came out. release groups usually dump games within 1-2 days of its release.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it ok if I quit right now? Nothing should happen, correct? Everything should go back to normal?

J

Jackreyes

Me too.
I should imagine they'll be there in the next half-hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: She was on board for blowing up the universe ❤️