Project C.A.R.S - Opinions

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by WiiCube_2013, May 5, 2015.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG]

The official release date seems to be May 7 but retailers and customers already have their copies so figured asking, have any of you played it? How does it compare to Forza/GT? How's the damage in comparison to GRID?

Project C.A.R.S really looks like an incredible experience for racing fans. :)

2. kehkou

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    I, for one, will wait for the Wii U version. Either that or play the PC version at 2 FPS.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  3. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    1 FPS is master race. Always in first place.

4. kehkou

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    Lol! one must have quite a disposable income to use a constantly upgrading PC as their primary games device. Mine is a 2009 franken-Pavilion dm3 kept artificially running; it stuggles with San Andreas and SimCity 4.

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Anyone expecting any kind of arcade racer will be incredibly disappointed. Project CARS is incredibly realistic, and anyone who isn't a hardcore racing fan will probably hate it, or complain about the actual "difficulty" of it compared to something like Forza and such.

EDIT: To further my opinion, I just put an hour or so into the game, finished a 6 race kart championship, and I have to say I'm quite pleased with the game so far. Good driving physics, the game lets you start off wherever you want so if you want to start slow and go for something like kart racing or just jump into serious racing and such you can. Learning curve takes a moment to get used to, and since I still need to switch over to an actual racing wheel I'm sure I'll need to doubly work on my skills, I think it won't be too hard for someone who really enjoys realistic racing games to get into.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.