Problems With USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by HedgehogGamer73, Apr 10, 2013.

Apr 10, 2013
  1. HedgehogGamer73
    OP

Newcomer HedgehogGamer73 Newbie

United States
    Hey guys! Hedgehog here!:) I'm having a BUNCH of problems with USB Loader GX on my Red Wii. Every time I play a game, it freezes! When I play Mario Kart Wii, it will freeze when I do Singleplayer! The weird thing is, it doesn't freeze when I play online... When I play Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, it freezes also! All of my games I play freeze! Except Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond, and Kirbys Return to Dreamland. I also tried playing them on Wiiflow, but they still freeze! Can someone PLEASE tell me what the problem is? My USB flash drive is WBFS formatted and the latest IOS I have is IOS250. I really want to play my games without them freezing! Especially Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3...:cry:

Note: This is my first time on this site.

2. nakata6790

Member nakata6790 True Player

Greece
    It seems to me, since some games work and others do not, that it is not a hardware issue, you just need to configure the settings (meaning the IOS it uses etc) for each game. That, in GX is done by clicking on settings button which is besides the start button of a game.

Btw i just checked, i use ios250 for MK Wii and ios 248 for DBZ BT3

Also, can you post your syscheck?

3. HedgehogGamer73
    OP

Newcomer HedgehogGamer73 Newbie

United States
    I figured out what the problem was! ^_^ I just needed to install this cIOS called "d2x". Now every time I select a game, it wont freeze anymore! :yaywii:Oh yeah one more thing I wanted to ask. Would Kirby's Dream Collection work? Because when I downloaded it when I didn't have the cIOS d2x, it would bring me to the Wii menu every time I would select a game. Would that work now since I have cIOS d2x installed? :unsure:

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    It should work now.
    The problem was that this game has a lot of different executable files.
    You have a menu and multiple games in it.
    Each time you select a game, it reloads the requested IOS before loading the selected game.
    Instead of reloading the d2x cIOS, it's reloading the official one without USB access and loose access to the ISO.

With d2x cIOS, there's an option to "block the IOS reload" to stay on d2x.
    It should be set by default in USBLoaderGX, but if not working you can force it to "Enable" instead of "Auto" in the settings.