problems with the y button on a N3ds ll

Sigg1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a N3ds ll that for the most part works just fine, but the y button feels wierd. it might be a bit loose, but it is hard to explain exactly what is wrong. So i wonder if anyone know if this might be something i can fix myself and which parts i might need. Thanks for any usefull replies i might get.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a N3ds ll that for the most part works just fine, but the y button feels wierd. it might be a bit loose, but it is hard to explain exactly what is wrong. So i wonder if anyone know if this might be something i can fix myself and which parts i might need. Thanks for any usefull replies i might get.
There might be something jammed inside one of the buttons. Its best to open it up and check it.

Reactions: Sigg1

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does it feel more mushy than it should, or does it sometimes not react?

i would assume the issue lies with the dome switches on the board (if light presses arent enough to make the button react), or the rubber membrane between the button and the dome (when it feels too mushy, it might have ripped, reducing its springiness).

if i remember right, the abxy buttons on a 3ds xl arent too hard to get to, since they're on an extra board.

the dome switches (these things https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/32482717842.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2nld ) are kind of a bitch to get off the board though, that entire white thing is like a really good sticker. i guess you'd warm it up with a heatgun or carefully try to get it lose with a razor.

the membrane is easily replaced. in both cases, youre gonna need those y screwdrivers though

Reactions: SylverReZ

Sigg1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mushy might be a good word for it and thanks for the link. i will try to see what i can do about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?