problems with sky3ds and/or SD card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LaurelAshley, May 21, 2015.

1. LaurelAshley
    OP

LaurelAshley Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    I've been very disappointed with my Sky. I had to wait a couple weeks just to get it from Hong Kong and all I've had are problems with it. I've tried around 5 mini SD cards and recently ordered a SanDisk ultra class 10 32gb that is also giving me trouble. All the cards I have tried don't provide quick transition between games at all. Actually, they don't even switch most of the time. To get it to switch games, I have to eject and push the Sky back in. It doesn't always work. Sometimes no game even shows up. Sometimes it blinks fast a little and then doesn't do anything.
    I'm not sure what options I have left. I can deal with what I have, it's just a bit unfortunate of how inconvenient it is. Could anyone give me any advice?

2. dedChar

dedChar (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

May 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Probably a faulty sky3ds. Maybe contact the reseller?

3. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    Try different mSD card reader / USB port / PC.
    Always Run DiskWriter with Admin privileges.

4. LaurelAshley
    OP

LaurelAshley Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    I'll try the other readers I have. I noticed it was super slow in transferring on disk writer which is unusual because the care is supposed to be class 10 and 30mb/s. It was going about 5/s. I always use it with admin privileges. Could certainly be the reader.

And dedChar, that'll probably be my last option. I'm hoping that's not the case because it'll be a pain sending it all the way back to Hong Kong. Plus I don't know their return policy. The Sky doesn't seem to work that bad, but it just has a problem with switching games and I have tried every SD card I own plus bought a new one.

5. LaurelAshley
    OP

LaurelAshley Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    Update: there's a possibility that my sd card could be fake. I'm going to look into it once I get home. It seems to work, but maybe it's not an ultra, or a class 10...maybe it was remarked.

6. LaurelAshley
    OP

LaurelAshley Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    Got a new sd card. Definitely faster, but I still have to eject after the blue light blinks and put it back in for it to switch to the next game :/ is that normal?

7. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    No its not normal and its probably related to your sd card. Try different brand/speed.

8. dedChar

dedChar (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

May 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Well, he already has like 5 different ones, and he said every singe one has the same problem.

9. LaurelAshley
    OP

LaurelAshley Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2011
    United States
    (she haha)
    But yeah, I've tried many. I have seen some increase in speed, but I still have to eject and push the card back in after the light begins flashing to get it to switch. last night I was able get it to switch normally! I had to fiddle with the card a bit and place it differently.

10. dedChar

dedChar (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

May 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Oops sorry about that, didn't read your username and you have the 'no gender' picture.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice