GCN Oldies Problems with SD2SP2 not getting recognised by Swiss

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday, I have received an SD2SP2 adapter from eBay. I tried it out with an 8GB microSD card with a few game ROMs on there, but for some reason, Swiss fails to recognise the adapter's presence.

Any clues on what's going on? Let me know in advance.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK, obvious ones, is the card at least trying to conform to the standard (MBR, FAT16/32/64, and with the matching partition type)?
(official Swiss is actually built with GPT support, but let's keep thing simple and widely supported here)

Which version of Swiss? (it can self-update but obviously needs to be SD2SP2 compatible in the first place to reload itself from there, if you have version 630 or whatever it's definitely new enough, FWIW I bought an SD2SP2 + updated Swiss miniDVD combo back in 2019 to upgrade the disc + Xen8GC + SD Gecko combo I bought in 2018 :D )

Nothing else is on the EXI bus number 2, so by this point the only plausible issues are bad connections, a card that doesn't like SPI mode (so, not a good faith SD/MMC), or a card that has problems with 32 MHz speed (are those a thing? 16 MHz only operation is usually caused by filtered card adapters like the official DOL-019 or the Datel)

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, obvious ones, is the card at least trying to conform to the standard (MBR, FAT16/32/64, and with the matching partition type)?
(official Swiss is actually built with GPT support, but let's keep thing simple and widely supported here)

Which version of Swiss? (it can self-update but obviously needs to be SD2SP2 compatible in the first place to reload itself from there, if you have version 630 or whatever it's definitely new enough, FWIW I bought an SD2SP2 + updated Swiss miniDVD combo back in 2019 to upgrade the disc + XenoGC + SD Gecko combo I bought in 2018 :D )

Nothing else is on the EXI bus number 2, so by this point the only plausible issues are bad connections, a card that doesn't like SPI mode (so, not a good faith SD/MMC), or a card that has problems with 32 MHz speed (are those a thing? 16 MHz only operation is usually caused by filtered card adapters like the official DOL-019 or the Datel)
I'm currently testing this with a 2GB microSD as that is the only card that I'm currently using. As for the version of Swiss, its the latest Swiss build r1534.

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might have a SDv1 card, which is not currently supported by libogc.
I've only got MMCv3 and SDv2 cards. I had one SDv1 card, but it got misplaced somewhere.
SDv1, don't you mean SDSC (SD standard capacity)?

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Standard capacity SD cards can be either of those 3.
Either that or it might be that the SP2 port is broken somewhat. If I manage to get it working, then I won't need to take it apart then. :P

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have issues with the SD2SP2 not being detected until I tinned one side of the chip's pins with solder. Now it fits a lot better in the slot vs the original loose fit.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't opposed to hard wiring it, could try that. I just do internal sd2sp2's becuase i prefer the reliability of soldered connections, i know some people aren't to keen doing it that way for the removability of it or modding the shell for it to fit though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo