Problems with ACNL cartridge. Possible CFW solutions?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Darlenix, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Darlenix
    OP

Darlenix Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2010
    Argentina
    Excuse me if this isn't the correct forum. I wasn't sure where I could get help with this. Please move the thread to correct section if this actually isn't the correct subforum.

I have an ACNL cartridge, right? I lent it to a friend with a N3DS with the installed amiibo update. A few days ago, I got that cartridge back.

I used it in my old 3ds, without the amiibo update installed, and created a really neat town I'd like to keep.

The thing is, I used the o3ds out of need because I didn't have my n3ds(cfw'd with the amiibo update) available at the moment.

Now, I put in the cartridge in my N3DS and the save it has inside is the town of my friend. But MY town appears when I load it up in the o3ds.

I tried deleting my friend's town in the N3DS, but then the game warned me of corrupted data. The O3DS didn't recognize any save data anymore. Good thing I exported the save data just in case with JKSM, and things are back to before deleting it.

Any helpful soul that might throw me a bone here?

Here's an image of the same cartridge inside both 3DSs: http://puu.sh/wNiPs/2661dcdc25.jpg

2. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    when you first run the game with the update it creates a converted savedata with a different filename inside the savespace.
    so I guess when you ran it without the update, the "old" game doesn't know about this new file and created a -new- save since it "didn't have any"
    then when you ran the updated version it just continued on using the new savedata with the new filename.

old ACNL save is garden.dat, I think the amiibo update converts this file to garden_plus.dat if there is already a savefile, but it keeps the old one, I guess as a backup incase the conversion goes badly.

edit: might be relevant https://www.reddit.com/r/ACHacks/comments/6k634m/how_to_convert_save_data_gardendat_to_garden/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice