Hacking Problems saving with my new Ez-Flash IV

Nyoouber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know there are many posts about issues like this but none I have seen had the exact same situation as me and nothing has helped. I order 3 ez-flash iv's a few months ago and just recieved mini sds to go with them.

I drag and dropped some roms onto a mini and played on my gameboy micro. For a few days everything went okay. Then my saves started disappearing, after having played halfway through fire emblem. I did some research and decided I'd do everything the right way and see if it worked.

I updated the kernel with a link from gbatemp although I already the star wars menu. I patched and reset all my roms with the ezflash client and put them onto my formatted mini sd, a saver folder was created.

Now since doing that it works even worse. Instead of saving and disappearing after a while, games saved and saves are apparently loaded when I reopen the gba (it makes me wait) but do not appear at all to have ever been saved when I open the games. I also get an error that I was not getting before doing everything the right way which is when I open the file viewer and open the folder EZ-Disk (it is the only one) I get the message "FAT filesystem error". This message only appears after turning on the system after saving a game. If the last time I played I did not save I will not get the message. Regardless, saves never stay when I reopen a game. I have tried the 3 cartridges I ordered because I figured if I had battery issues, one of the cards problem had a working battery. Can anybody help me?

Errors:
Saves don't stick after reboot
"FAT filesystem error" opening file manager

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know there are many posts about issues like this but none I have seen had the exact same situation as me and nothing has helped. I order 3 ez-flash iv's a few months ago and just recieved mini sds to go with them.

I drag and dropped some roms onto a mini and played on my gameboy micro. For a few days everything went okay. Then my saves started disappearing, after having played halfway through fire emblem. I did some research and decided I'd do everything the right way and see if it worked.

I updated the kernel with a link from gbatemp although I already the star wars menu. I patched and reset all my roms with the ezflash client and put them onto my formatted mini sd, a saver folder was created.

Now since doing that it works even worse. Instead of saving and disappearing after a while, games saved and saves are apparently loaded when I reopen the gba (it makes me wait) but do not appear at all to have ever been saved when I open the games. I also get an error that I was not getting before doing everything the right way which is when I open the file viewer and open the folder EZ-Disk (it is the only one) I get the message "FAT filesystem error". This message only appears after turning on the system after saving a game. If the last time I played I did not save I will not get the message. Regardless, saves never stay when I reopen a game. I have tried the 3 cartridges I ordered because I figured if I had battery issues, one of the cards problem had a working battery. Can anybody help me?

Errors:
Saves don't stick after reboot
"FAT filesystem error" opening file manager

Possible answers to "FAT filesystem error":
1. use a real miniSD instead of a micro to mini adaptor that was made from a chinese no-name brand.
2. You formated the miniSD incorrectly. this can be fixed with SD formater.

Due be aware that the EZ-Flash IV can only use a 2GB miniSD, using a miniSDHC will not work.

Reactions: 2 people

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If you have garbled directories/files, looped folders or saves with 0 bytes which you can't delete, then your micro SD was corrupted (SD Formatter will fix it).

I own a mini -> micro SD adapter and works quite nice, like, for 3 years. But you must backup your SD regularly because of poor internal EZ data handling (it'll corrupt SDs regardless brand)

Nyoouber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so I used SD Formatter to format my SD (2gb mini sd) and then put on one game to try "Fire Emblem - Sacred Stones". I put it on the card with Ezflash Client and played a bit and saved but the same errors occured. When I turned off the gba and turned it back on it appeared to be saving but when I open the file manager, I get the same "FAT filesystem error" and then when I open the game, it acts as if I had never saved, only giving me the option for a new game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all