Problem with USB on USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Damcp04, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Damcp04
    OP

Damcp04 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2017
    Honduras
    Well, yesterday I plugged a second USB into my Wii and opened USB Loader GX. I had already loaded some backups to it using Wii Backup Manager, well one backup. Some Captain America game for my brother to be exact. Well, at first I put it to read both ports and enable multiple partitions, and it didn't work at first, so I shut it down and went to do some homework. Later, I turned it on and realized it had actually worked so I disconnected the 2nd USB to load another game I had downloaded (Super Mario Galaxy 2). The USB is a Micro SD adapter, when the first time it worked I was using a 4GB micro SD, then I formatted an 8GB micro SD I had (formatted it on FAT32) and loaded the backups to it. Now it doesn't want to show up the games of this USB, only the other one. I thought it was the second port of my Wii, but I switched places with both USBs and when I rebooted USB Loader GX the screen got stuck in "Initializing USB device", so I am assuming something is wrong on the USB. I don't think it maybe something physical like it got hit or someone spilled water on it because when I connect it to my USB it recognizes the USB with no problems, but for some reason USB Loader GX doesn't want to read the USB. May it be the micro SD card? If it is, what can I do for the 8GB micro SD card to work? Your suggestions and ideas are welcome and any help is appreciated. If you need something ask me, like a system check or more details. Thanks.

2. Damcp04
    OP

Damcp04 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2017
    Honduras
    Here is a Syscheck I did.
    syscheck
    Hope it helps.

Last edited by Damcp04, Jul 20, 2017
  3. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Last edited by jeannotte, Jul 25, 2017
  4. AndreGalvez

AndreGalvez Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2017
    Mexico
    Run sysCheck on your wii and make sure your cIOS are correctly installed

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SysCheck

Here you have some IOS Base to use:
    • IOS Base 36.
    • IOS Base 37.
    • IOS Base 38.
    • IOS Base 53.
    • IOS Base 55.
    • IOS Base 56.
    • IOS Base 57.
    • IOS Base 58.
    • IOS Base 60.
    • IOS Base 61.
    • IOS Base 70.
    • IOS Base 80.
    For cIOS of Hermes i recommend you install it this way:

cIOS in the slot 202 with base IOS60
    cIOS in the slot 222 with base IOS38
    cIOS in the slot 223 with base IOS37
    cIOS in the slot 224 with base IOS57
    cIOS in the slot 225 with base IOS60

For cIOS D2X

cIOS in the slot 245 with base IOS38
    cIOS in the slot 246 with base IOS56
    cIOS in the slot 247 with base IOS57
    cIOS in the slot 248 with base IOS58
    cIOS in the slot 249 with base IOS38
    cIOS in the slot 250 with base IOS56

You can install it with pimp my wii

https://www.elotrolado.net/wiki/Pimp_My_Wii

5. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    *shakes head sadly* No.

Update your Wii to 4.3. You should have at least an updated and completely unpatched IOS 58.
    d2x v8 as 249[56], 250[57], 251[58] unless you have a Wii U or your USB storage doesn't work with v8, then use v10-beta52. Do not use beta53. Do not bother with Hermes/Waninkoko old cIOS. Do not bother with a flash drive. They will likely not work properly. Do not use Pimp My Wii.

d2x as base 38 is helpful somewhere if you want to use a USB keyboard for titles like Animal Crossing: City Folk.

WiiBrew's SysCheck sucks. Use this one if you need to pull a report.

6. Damcp04
    OP

Damcp04 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2017
    Honduras
    My Wii is updated to 4.3 Sorry if there is a mess but I am really noob at these stuff and I don't even know how I made it to load backups. Flash drives are pretty much what I have right now and help to fix all this mess is what I would need.

7. Damcp04
    OP

Damcp04 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2017
    Honduras
    My loader is up to date.
    I think I installed those cios the way you said before but I will probably check.