Gaming Problem with USB hard drive

JoshuaWhitney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, let me start off by saying, if this is the wrong forum, I apologize. I looked around and didn't find much on my subject. I have a 250 gig passport elite, which I didn't see on compatibility chart. The specific model is western digital passport elite 250 gig(2500 ml). Like I said, I looked on the compat list and didn't see my exact HDD but a few similar. Basically when I plug the HDD in and load up homebrew broser then usb loader gx. It pops up and says that i can format my SD to WBFS but nothing about my external. The Lights blink when I turn the WII on but turn off right after that. Any help would be awesome. Ask me anything and I'll try to help out with more info!

xroofiox

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having similar issues with a different HDD and different USB Wii Game loader. anyways the advice that I have gotten is to:
1.) Make sure your drive is plugged into the usb slot closest top the edge (bottom) of the wii system
2.) If the drive is partitioned; make sure the first partition is WBFS...

make sure to post if you solve your problem it may help me as well...

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As this does a very bad job as a tutorial or FAQ: yes its the wrong subforum

There is no need to still use a WBFS partition if you don't want to.
Fat32 and NTFS should work with most loaders too.

Can you use it in HBC or other loaders?

JoshuaWhitney

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies for posting in the wrong forum. I figured the USB HD thing was a frequently asked question. To answer your question now, it does not work in any other loader type apps like media players. I have a 1tb hdd that is readable, but has no spin down. I think that may be my problem with my smaller 250 gig is that it wont be read because of the spindown. I'm using usb loader gx btw and it will only read wbfs format. any way to get around that so i don't have to create a small wbfs partition if my small hdd doesn't work out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)