Hacking Problem with Sky3ds and PowerSaver Pro

Sixul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My powersaver pro can detect only pokemon (Alpha Sapphire), Animal Crossing: NL and Tomodachi life, all i have been able to figure out is that all 3 where the only non EEPROM roms and their media type is card 2, i have tried changing my other games to Nand type and my DiskWriter reads them as nand but nothing changes, still connecting and disconnecting when or "looping" (Similar to youtu. be/ 2eA2dxpYdvw?t=48s) i have also tried header changes, only thing left i think is to check if its possible to change media type from card 1 to 2, but in all honesty i doubt that will work.
i have also run all programs on administrator mode

if anyone has any further information or a "hypothesis" on how to get other games on the Sky3ds to work with Powersaver Pro by all means share, Thank You

Reactions: thaikhoa

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You made my day... Unbelieveable that Powersaves can read Sky3DS... I didn't get it to work before because I didn't change to my retail card uniqueid. Now it works perfectly as a retail gamecard with the header I've just edited to.... :nds:

Reactions: Sixul

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There will definitely a way for card1 too I think we'd edit to the right header/uniqueid, probably with owned retail gamecard. I would say that Sky3DS is totally worth the money when it works with Powersaves, my day is today :D

Edit: Just backed up and restored save both Sky3DS and retail ORAS each other, successfully worked.

Sixul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You made my day... Unbelieveable that Powersaves can read Sky3DS... I didn't get it to work before because I didn't change to my retail card uniqueid. Now it works perfectly as a retail gamecard with the header I've just edited to.... :nds:

You got it working for other games? or just Pokemon games?

Sixul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found the program that changes card 1 games to card 2 games, but when i do that my sky3ds wont detect the game -_- got a feeling im getting closer but not really there yet

so far i can change a game to NAND and make it card2, all i need is to make a template so that my sky3ds detects it and MAYBE my Prosaver will detect it too

Sixul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any update on this?

unfortunately no, i'm stuck on creating a template that reads the moded roms ( EEPROM To Nand & Card 1 to Card 2) i got a rom to turn to those settings(Nand & Card2) but my Sky3ds wont read them until a proper template is created(i guess) and im affraid i have NO skill on creating templates whatsoever

Info: My "Lab Rat" was Yoshi's New Island, it is native EEPROM and Card1 and its only like 500MB so it was fast to "Mod" to the other settings

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately no, i'm stuck on creating a template that reads the moded roms ( EEPROM To Nand & Card 1 to Card 2) i got a rom to turn to those settings(Nand & Card2) but my Sky3ds wont read them until a proper template is created(i guess) and im affraid i have NO skill on creating templates whatsoever

Info: My "Lab Rat" was Yoshi's New Island, it is native EEPROM and Card1 and its only like 500MB so it was fast to "Mod" to the other settings

US EU JP? I had some luck in the past maybe I can help you.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible I wonder why games like pokemon work fine with powersaves but not games like zelda...is it just becasue its a card2 game? Wrong chip ID? Going to have to try different methods and see what happens. I'm off work today so I can try a few things and be back later.

Sixul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible I wonder why games like pokemon work fine with powersaves but not games like zelda...is it just becasue its a card2 game? Wrong chip ID? Going to have to try different methods and see what happens. I'm off work today so I can try a few things and be back later.

i got a feeling that modding the rom to be a card 2 and a nand, and changing the template to read them might just work

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI- I tried this and it did NOT work. Modified Mario Kart 7 to be card 2, powersaves did not work - it cycled from insert cartridge to menu and back. Still looking for a way to get saves from original cart to Sky3DS.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i don't think if you convert a card1 game to card2, that it will work with sky3ds. because, you can editing the rom. and for sky3ds to work, the game needs to be 100% legit as it was on the retail cart.
if you hack and edit the rom (which converting to card2 would do) then surely it would not work...
please correct me if i am wrong, i want to get a sky3ds soon and i will be happy if i can backup/restore my saves from it :)

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i don't think if you convert a card1 game to card2, that it will work with sky3ds. because, you can editing the rom. and for sky3ds to work, the game needs to be 100% legit as it was on the retail cart.
if you hack and edit the rom (which converting to card2 would do) then surely it would not work...
please correct me if i am wrong, i want to get a sky3ds soon and i will be happy if i can backup/restore my saves from it :)

Yes, it is.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sorry, 'it is' what? :) i'm confused

Convert card1 to card2 won't work on some games if you'd like to import/ export savedata between retail card to sky3ds. To use with powersaves, you need to use original dump header from your actual copy of a game. Otherwise, you need another 3DS that has an ability to run CFW and games installed as CIA then use SaveDataFilter to import/export savedata. However it's limited on games that require > 7.x encryption. You could try to import savedata to games (>7.x) because you don't need to play that games. Hope it will help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup