grim_meeper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello

I recently downloaded GTA: VCS and GTA: LCS from a reliable source. Both were in .CSO format. However, when I put them on my mem stick,though they worked, there was a bit of lag. I read online that this could be fixed by decompressing it into an .ISO file.

Now I successfully managed to decompress LCS into an ISO using UMDGen and am able to play it without lag. However, when I try to decompress VCS, I get an error.
Just to clarify, the procedure I follow is:

File --> open CSO --> Save as ISO
After just 2% done, I get this error:

"Error! Next Available LBA position is 2366 but LBA [\PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\BOOT.BIN] position is 2303!"

An ISO file of around 5 MB is created.

Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks

EDIT: Another quick question. Is it possible to brick your PSP (2000) from a CSO/ISO?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Don't know much about this, but I'm guessing you need to repoint some files in the game. Meaning that the file you downloaded probably had some things ripped from it and the ripper didn't repoint any of the files.

And, no, as an ISO is a normal file, a CSO is the exact same except with everything squished together. You'll *never* brick when dealing with ISOs or CSOs. Only when dealing with flashing your PSP.

Spawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I prefer to use UMDgen whenever possible myself too... however I have seen this error trying to compress some games also. The way to get around this is to use another CSO compressor. I use a program aptly called "Yet Another CSO Compressor" or "YACC" for short. It handles these games fine.

Reactions: djalmafreestyler

soulfire

gear... secando
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Spawk said:
I prefer to use UMDgen whenever possible myself too... however I have seen this error trying to compress some games also. The way to get around this is to use another CSO compressor. I use a program aptly called "Yet Another CSO Compressor" or "YACC" for short. It handles these games fine.

i'm also using that one

it's a nice program haven't got a single problem or error till now ^^

ampota1893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zzzzzzzz!!!

this was my problem before before but i fix it..,,i think ESPALPSP is the owner of this game..not sure though!!

to fix this problem,,

OPEN UMDGEN click open *.cso file name/b] after that go to LAYOUT find \PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\UPDATE\DATA.BIN[/b]

RIGHT CLICK Move to LBA then TYPE 2304 click OK.. SAVE uncompressed(*iso)..

thats all..

i bet GTA LCS

GTA Vice CIty is a good game ..!!!

it will works 100%..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...