problem with backup launcher

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 0Assassin0, Oct 7, 2008.

Oct 7, 2008
  1. 0Assassin0
    OP

Newcomer 0Assassin0 Member

United States
    i`m new to modding the wii, but i succesfully installed everything and it all works fine. i patched the wario land shakeit usa.iso on my windows xp laptop and then burned it using diskutility on my mac osx at 4x on maxell dvd-r`s and when i launch the disc using backup launcher it shows the info and i take the battery out of the wiimote and it just hangs on a black screen. i let it go for 15 minutes and then i have to power off the wii by holding in the power button. am i doing something wrong? i also tried patching on my mac using extractpartition by cd`ing to the folder where i had iso and extractpartition and tried ./extractpartition Wario.iso Wario2.iso(got do not have permission) and sudo cp extractpartition /usr/bin extractpartition Wario.iso Wario2.iso(did something but i don`t know what)
    can some1 try to help me out? thank you

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    'when i launch the disc using backup launcher it shows the info and i take the battery out of the wiimote and it just hangs on a black screen.'

Erm... I'm fairly sure that you only need to take out the batteries at the END of a level, and then put them back in once you give it time to load the movie.

3. jinxvorheeze

Member jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Add it to the compatibility F.A.Q or one of the many Wiki pages available on the subject. Please do not post any new threads asking about compatibility of 'X' game. It clogs up the forums and drives the useful members away. There are many threads and posts on this exact subject, next time searching might be your best bet. The answer is that if you cannot get it to work, then it probably wont work for you and you might *gasp* have to play an original copy of the game - Which I'm assuming you own considering the loader is for playing your PERSONAL BACKUPS.