Problem when loading a Pal game from a disk on Pal Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by KaylaKat, May 6, 2012.

1. KaylaKat
    OP

KaylaKat Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2012
    Hi, I'm trying to play "Tales of Symphonia" (Pal version) on my Pal Wii, using NeoGamma R8, from a DVD-R, but I keep getting two different problems, depending on the options I set. If I change nothing from default, I get a black screen after it loads, and the disk starts making the same weird noises again and again; but if I change some Region Options, I end up getting a green screen.
    Please help! Should I reburn the disk, or do I have to find the correct settings? Thanks in advance.

2. I-Fatman

I-Fatman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2012
    I have a similar problem with a PAL game and PAL Wii I can't load in any loader the difference is that I use a HDD.

Well sorry I can't help, I do hope you get the help you need from others though. I'll follow to see if it solves my problem as well.

3. mrgone

mrgone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    Gambia, The
    had that problem too
    you need to tweak at the video options and the cios-type IIRC

4. JN_big3

JN_big3 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2011
    also use Neogamma R9

5. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    Make sure you have all the latest IOSes and recommended cIOSes installed (SysCheck & ModMii's SysCheck Wizard can help you with this).

Also, make sure your version of NeoGamma is up-to-date (beta9 r56) and from the default settings, change the video option is set to: Force Wii (hopefully, that should work).

Edit: if nothing works after that, you have either: a bad/corrupt disc image or you didn't burn your disc at x4 speed.

6. KaylaKat
    OP

KaylaKat Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2012
    Sorry for not answering befor, I've been busy...
    @[member='mrgone']: Ok, thank you, I'll try the video options, but what is the cios-type IIRC? Sorry, I'm still a bit of a newb with this. A friend did most of it for me and explained, but he didn't go much into details; I'm still trying to work out stuff like this.
    @[member='JN_big3']: I'd rather wait until it's really necessary before updating or changing anything drastically; I don't want to risk messing it all up if I don't need to. Thanks, though, I'll keep that link in mind.
    @[member='LWares87']: Still not sure about IOSes and cIOS, I must look it up somewhere. Again, I don't really want to update anything yet until I need to. I did try "Force Wii" already, but it didn't change anything. And as I did burn the disk at the lowest speed possible, I guess it's either something of the above or the file.
    Thank you, I'll try again and report back!

7. LWares87

LWares87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 19, 2008
    Ah... I've just read your opening post again and I've realised that I'm getting this problem, as well. Anyway... I did some tests the other night and I get either a black screen (as I haven't got component cables to support certain video modes) or a green screen.

I personally don't know, if it's to do with the cIOS (depending on what you've got installed) or NeoGamma.

I have cIOS249 [56] d2x-v9-beta (r49) installed on my console and I'm using NeoGamma beta 9 r56.

Games Tested:
    Wii Backup Disc v1.31 - Region Free (works)
    Resident Evil 4 ~wii edition~ - PAL (green screen)
    biohazard - NTSC-J (green screen).

8. KaylaKat
    OP

KaylaKat Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2012
    I can't find the solution to whatever the problem is. Nevermind; ironically, I'll download an NTSC version to force it to PAL, maybe that works?

9. KaylaKat
    OP

KaylaKat Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2012
    Did that; still doesn't work.