Hacking Problem updating to Boot9strap from A9LH

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Faster boot, and the ability to (in the future) load a full custom firmware. Also lots of other random stuff, like it being unpatchable ever.
1. Its safe to upgrade? I bricked a console in the past and i dont like paperweights.

2. Why new luma releases arent compatible with this? The last release has any special feature, or they want us to update our consoles for future updates?

3. I have one 3DS with that beta of Aurora's, that had a payload pre-installed in NAND, inchangeable. I'll have problems with this?

4. If i boot GW Mode, it'll be wiped?

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Its safe to upgrade? I bricked a console in the past and i dont like paperweights.

2. Why new luma releases arent compatible with this? The last release has any special feature, or they want us to update our consoles for future updates?

3. I have one 3DS with that beta of Aurora's, that had a payload pre-installed in NAND, inchangeable. I'll have problems with this?

1. Yes it's fine
2. Luma3DS only supports B9S (sighax) now, so you kind of have to upgrade
3. Ask Aurora
4. Shouldn't be

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem is that I have a 03ds with A9LH and Luma...will it end up being un-updatable in the future? Because I heard sighax was New3ds only...I actually have a new3dsXL too...but I'd rather update both of my consoles...

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that I have a 03ds with A9LH and Luma...will it end up being un-updatable in the future? Because I heard sighax was New3ds only...I actually have a new3dsXL too...but I'd rather update both of my consoles...
SigHax (B9S, whatever) is compatible with ALL 3DS and 2DSs

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't need to have the wifi on in the 3dses to update? If not I'll do it this afternoon after eating...

D

Deleted User

Just goto updating to boot9strap in the guide. It's very easy to do, I just had a minor brain fart and didn't copy the .sha over.
Oh ok good,it automatically deletes a9lh for you.I downloaded all the files in the guide so ill take my time to read everything first then upgrade later.

Kansaimaster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone.

I started the steps to update A9LH to B9S with the following guide: 3ds . guide

but the latest Luma3DS(8.1.1) file seems corrupted
After unzipping the file I got a file boot.firm anyway and tried to Install boot9strap successfully, but after installing the system won't boot and I have a black screen.
After double checking I noticed that the boot.firm file is a zero byte.

Does anybody knows where I can get a valid Luma3DS (8.1.1) file? I don't know what to do

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone.

I started the steps to update A9LH to B9S with the following guide: 3ds . guide

but the latest Luma3DS(8.1.1) file seems corrupted
After unzipping the file I got a file boot.firm anyway and tried to Install boot9strap successfully, but after installing the system won't boot and I have a black screen.
After double checking I noticed that the boot.firm file is a zero byte.

Does anybody knows where I can get a valid Luma3DS (8.1.1) file? I don't know what to do
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.1.1. It's not corrupted but it somehow got corrupted for you. Redownload it again.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Faster boot, and the ability to (in the future) load a full custom firmware. Also lots of other random stuff, like it being unpatchable ever.

Not true, you could still load a full custom firmware with a9lh but nobody has made one yet aside from an early linux port that doesn't even have sd card write support much less wifi support. It is also no more or less patchable than a9lh (with the exception of ntrboothax) in that it will be removed during a system update unless you use a cfw with boot0/boot1 protection. The only real difference is that it is a cleaner and easier environment for cfw developers to work with.

1. Yes, unless the battery dies in the middle of it or something (hint: plug in your 3ds). Though it only takes a minute or so to do and most of that is safety checks. Even then if you have another 3ds, dsi, or even original ds you can use ntrboot to unbrick it.

2. Boot9strap/sighax are a cleaner and easier environment to work with, some of the advanced features of Luma 8.x and newer would require ugly and likely unstable hacks to make them work in a9lh.

3. No idea, possibly.

4. Yes, if you boot GW in sysnand mode on newer system versions (regardless of what boot hack you use) the hack will be removed as GW doesn't have boot0/boot1 protection. GW also doesn't support anything higher than system menu 11.3. I recommend you create and use an 11.3 emunand with gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup