Problem Loading Certain Games(AceKard 2.1,NDS Phat)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by tonybologna, Jun 26, 2011.

1. tonybologna
    OP

Member tonybologna GO VOLS!

United States
    Hey Guys! I recently had to finally update our son's Phat DS to newer FW. I hadn't needed to update in a quite a while. I installed the latest AKAIO v1.8.7 along with the latest loader from March 2011. I'm having issues loading 3 games right now. All 3 are newer games. The games are Kung Fu Panda 2,Cars 2,& Transformers Dark of the Moon-Autobots. I got the Transformer game to finally load with the DMA fix by hitting X during ROM startup. However, this doesn't work with Kung Fu Panda 2 & Cars 2.

I get the error message "The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the Game Card". I looked up this error message & it pertains to many things including the DMA issue,bad roms,or even a bad DS to name a few. Could it be theses newer games need a fix from the FW? These games came out recently but not brand new like released today or anything like that. What might be the problem guys? Thanks guys! [​IMG]

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Tap Y on the ROM. Tap Y again. If AAP was on, turn it off. And Vice Versa. Also set Save Type to 512K. That might make a difference.

3. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    Didn't work! I set all 3 games to your suggested settings. Games still giving same errors. [​IMG] Do I still need to hold X for the DMA thing? What is that blue partial moon-shaped thing on the top screen after launching the ROM? I get that first for 5-10 seconds & then the error message.

4. Hakoda

United States
    I've never heard of this "moon" shaped thing ever. Please wait while I obtain the ROMs myself and test. If I can run them fine, then I'd instruct you to back up your ROMs and reformat your MicroSD using the SD Formatter which can be downloaded from here.

Install a fresh copy of AKAIO found here and copy over the "__aio" folder and "akmenu4.nds" along with your ROMs to the MicroSD and try again with default settings.

5. Hakoda

United States
    My report so far:

AAP: Enabled & Save Type: Auto/Unknown for all.

Cars 2: I get a quarter of a circle spinning in a circle, probably the moon shaped thing you're talking about. Spins for abut 15 seconds before I get "Saving game information, don't remove the cart.." After another 5 seconds, it asks for my language and after another 5 seconds I get opening credits and menu. Looks good to me.

Kung Fu Panda 2: I immediately get asked for my language and the opening credits run and I get a menu. Looks good.

Transformers: Immediate opening credits and movie running smoothly and within seconds I get a menu.

From these observations, I suggest you do following in order checking if the games work after each:

1) Delete the save files created by this game. If there are none, then we've found your problem. Double check your settings globally and per ROM to make sure a save is being created. Set settings to those above.

2) Follow the instructions from the post before this.

3) Find a new place to download your ROMs/ redownload them as they would at this stage be classified as corrupt.

You may also try to place my save files in the same place as your ROMs. Rename them so they match your ROM file's name. They have no save information on them other than language selection. I didn't play through any of them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w8v482phv5w378p

6. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    I think the two games not working(Cars 2 & Kung Fu Panda 2) were EUR versions. I have a USA version DS. I found a USA version of Cars 2 but can't find a backup US version of Kung Fu Panda 2. I think regions not matching was the problem. That didn't even cross my mind! Thanks! I'll post back later! [​IMG]

Edit: Well, the US version of Cars 2 didn't work either. Same error message. You stated that I should look at re-formatting my sd card. Why should I need to do that? I have about 30 other ROMS on the card & they work just fine. There's only 2 giving problems now. Cars 2 & Kung Fu Panda 2.

The Transformers one is working after editing the settings. It's weird that these two are the only ones now. I don't care to re-format but I don't see the need when all the other ROMS are working. If all ROMS or most ROMS were giving problems then I'd say yes. Thanks!

7. Blindman@id

Newcomer Blindman@id Newbie

United States
    I had to update from akiao 1.8.6 to akiao 1.8.7 and have bypass antipiracy enabled (under properties or with the rom highlighted press Y then Y again) on hk-cars2.nds rom to get it to work.
    until I updated akiao nothing worked to get cars 2 to run
    thanks for the AAP tip

8. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    QUOTE(Blindman@id @ Jun 26 2011, 09:19 PM) I had to update from akiao 1.8.6 to akiao 1.8.7 and have bypass antipiracy enabled (under properties or with the rom highlighted press Y then Y again) on hk-cars2.nds rom to get it to work.
    until I updated akiao nothing worked to get cars 2 to run
    thanks for the AAP tip

Well, I have done as you have but still can't get the game to work. This game or Kung Fu Panda 2! These two will not work for me. I also have the exact same ROM name(hk-cars2.nds) as well. I honestly don't know what's causing this to happen on my end. [​IMG] I have a Phat DS & an AceKard v2.1 with a MicroSDHC.

9. Hakoda

United States
    1) There is no USA dump of Kung Fu Panda 2. Region doesn't have to match.
    2) You're not listening to my advice. Copy all games and saves off the MicroSD and reformat with the SD Formatter. Format Type: Full (Erase) Format Size Adjustment: On.

I can pull up 100+ cases where people were only have trouble with one game and a reformat worked when nothing else did. I wouldn't question the guy trying to help you if nothing else is working.

You don't seem to have reported anything with my saves. Nor have you stated that you tried redownloading your ROMs or even trying a different source. I suggest you try all possible solutions until one works. Don't just disregard something because you don't think it's going to work.

10. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    Hey! No need to be harsh here bud. I did to report using a different ROM source with Cars 2. You apparently didn't read my full post. I wasn't disregarding your information either. Why do people jump to conclusions? I never stated I wasn't using your advice. I did try your saves. I renamed them all to match my ROMS. They still didn't work. I didn't state that in my prior post.

I just know that when I've had past problems with certain games I hadn't needed to re-format. I used an updated loader or AKAIO. I wasn't stating I planned on not using your advice. I was just stating my previous fixes. I've had this MicroSDHC for a while yes. However, I've not had to go back & re-format this thing at all since initial formatting.

Maybe it's time for a reformat! I don't know! I just feel you're sounding off a bit harsh. Did I sound like I was going against your advice? That certainly wasn't my intentions but you seemed to have reacted like I was. I wasn't, okay! I'll do a reformat if needed. I just want to try other possible fixes before wiping the card clean.

What's wrong with me doing that instead of jumping into wiping the sd card clean? I'm willing to take yours & others advice but I want to try other methods before jumping into wiping the card clean. Thanks!

11. Hakoda

United States
    I know. I'm sorry, I apologize. You caught me at a bad time. Thanks for being so cool about it. I almost never blow up on people, sorry again. If you knew me, you'd know I hate people that assume things and jump to stupid conclusions. My fault.

Wait did you say you updated loaders? The loaders on the current page are labeled "The ones that came with 1.8.6a". If you did update loaders, that could be the problem. Having mismatched loaders can cause such problems. Mismatched loaders are when your current AKAIO version does not match the version that loaders are coupled with. In this case, you may be using 1.8.6a's loaders on 1.8.7. I suggest you reinstall AKAIO if you haven't already done so and DO NOT update loaders. The one inside the package are the latest; the one the loaders' server is outdated. The loaders' server is located here: http://akaio.net/loaders/

Next thing to try is to see is if it's the SD card or the ROMs. We'll need a separate SD card. Grab a simple one if possible from a phone or something and install AKAIO 1.8.7. Then copy over only the games you're having trouble with and see how well it runs on the new SD card. If they run fine, then we can assume that your SD card is either slow or needs to reformat. If they don't run, then we can assume that it's the ROMs.

12. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    No problem! I understand plus sometimes the way things are written on the net can be taken the wrong way. It's all good!

I have good news to report. I re-formatted my MicroSDHC and placed a fresh AKAIO(1.8.7) on the card along with the akmenu4.dns file. I then copied all my ROMS & other files over to the card. All was well again.

This concerns me a bit about the sd card. Maybe it's starting to lose its performance. I have a good one though. It's a 4GB Kingston I believe. Anyhow, the reformat seems to have worked. Thanks for helping me out and no hard feelings bud. Your advice was the fix. I'll keep this in mind for future considerations. Thanks again!

13. Hakoda

United States
    Glad I did something helpful. I wouldn't worry about the card, every card needs a reformatt every now and then. Constant read/write builds up sectors which end up lowering access times. It's like a car, needs to be maintained every now and then.

14. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    Yeah! I think you're right. It just needed a fresh start. Maintenance was needed! Thanks!

15. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Whenever I put a new version of AKAIO on, I backup and reformat my card.

16. tonybologna
    OP

United States
    I think I'll do the same thing from now on. Thanks!