Problem backing up Wii games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ryu X, Oct 26, 2008.

Oct 26, 2008

Problem backing up Wii games by Ryu X at 1:10 AM (613 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Ryu X
    OP

Newcomer Ryu X Advanced Member

United States
    So I been trying to use Waninkoko's Wii dumper to make a back up copy of my Super Mario Galexy.

I get it working on the Wii fine, I open up firefox and it starts to download fine 580 kb/s, however when it get to 2gb the download just stops. Its suppose to be 4GB or something. What I am I doing wrong it always stops at 2GB for me. IE even start the download just get an error so thats not a option.

2. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    no idea. mine works roughly the same as yours at about 500kbps and takes about 2-3 hours to download.

the first time i tried it was on a slower computer and it failed after 4 hours at about 60% (round about 2.?GB)

i'm using firefox on a higher spec computer now and its working 100%

couldnt you just copy the games direct now that the launcher enables 1:1 copies or do you need that special LG drive to even copy a wii game?

3. Ryu X
    OP

Newcomer Ryu X Advanced Member

United States
    Yea PC can't read Wii discs.

I try it on another PC too and got the same result download stops at 2GB. I think it may be my router, linksys wrt54g. Some reason it doesn't like files over 2gb using http protocol.

Any ideas on how to back up a game? I wanted to test the backup loader and see if it will work on my Wii.

4. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    i'm using linksys wag354g and it works.

the only other things i can think of are the LG drive's debug mode which allows the iso to be ripped,

or torrents/ direct downloads from websites. that can take a LONG time though lol