Hacking Prevent Wii from Upating?

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have The Homebrew Channel & Backup Laucher Gamma on my Wii and i have firmware 3.0U. I've never updated before or even connected my Wii to the internet so am i able to update just to 3.2 or will it follow trough to 3.4? Also I have others who use my Wii and i don't want them to update so is there an app for homebrew or anything that will allow me to block updates?

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get 3.2(U, since your in USA) from a game. Although, make sure it is 3.2U and not above or another region. As for blocking updates, I don't know since I don't have HBC installed, yet, and I have a mod chip.

Edit: Try looking into Starfall.

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, it will update straight to 3.4. You could update manually, I guess AnyRegion Changer should be able to do so.
As for update blocking: You can use Starfall to block game updates and if your router supports URL blocking, you could set it up to block nus.shop.wii.com and nus.cdn.shop.wii.com which should disable updating through Wii menu.
I never tested it because I don't want to lose my 3.2 menu, but it should work as no homebrew program is able to download updates anymore.

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have the Backup Launcher Gamma then install Starfall it has the up date prevention you need.
And no you just cannot update straight to 3.2 thru the Wii update 3.4 is out. You need a systemmenu .wad your region Wii 289/NTSC 290/PAL or Any Region Changer.

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to upgrade to 3.2 the easiest way would be installing a 289/NTSC system menu wad?

I may try blocking the urls.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want any updates then your best bet is to block the urls:
nus.shop.wii.com and nus.cdn.shop.wii.com

However just to warn you that certain things like people sending you miis over the net will not work...

Also if your router does not support blocking urls you can use the service from opendns.com to do so!

Now as for blocking disc updates/downgrade the best way in my opinion is to use
Any Region Changer M5. say no to the Korean disc support and yes to the starfall like hacks...
Afterwards use ios Downgrader v1 to make sure you have trucha isos on your wii....

-kitt050383

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night