Preloader and System Update?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by archagon, Sep 10, 2009.

Sep 10, 2009
  1. archagon
    OP

Member archagon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Question: what happens if you have Preloader installed and you perform a system update? Does either one break?

2. SSJFusion

Newcomer SSJFusion Newbie

Singapore
    Preloader installs itself as part of the system so whenever you touch the system update,the preloader remove itself,so you would need to install preloader again

3. archagon
    OP

Member archagon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I see. Is there any possibility of something permanently breaking with an official Nintendo update, or will it simply be overwritten? Also, does Nintendo check the checksum of the System Menu before updating?

4. Arendo

Member Arendo GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    there is always a possibility of a brick during an update, even with official updates. However, in this last case, you have to shut down your wii mid-update to make it brick [​IMG]

the thing with preloader is that it installs itself over a certain part that is being updated, so preloader will just vanish (overwritten)[​IMG] and you can reinstall it after...

my biggest reason for not using an official update, is because they might install official IOSes, which then you'll have to repatch... I'm pretty lazy, so I always wait with the update untill there's a 'patched' update available [​IMG]

so, nothing will happen if you use waninkoko's updaters [​IMG]