ozz3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the SMG 1.9g update took about a week and seeing how the brawl situation is much simpler when do you guys think the update will be released? I'm hoping this weekend or early next week, if that isn't way too off.

Also which speed would you burn a DL disc at?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Also which speed would you burn a DL disc at?
It depends on the burner and media. Just checked a spec sheet for my burner, it will burn 8x max for Verbatim, 2.4x for everything else.
ohmy.gif

I'm going to burn at 2x or 1x for any media anyway, just to be safe.

Dumari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how this is being discussed on more threads than I care to count I don't see why this needs it's own thread.

It's really looking like they're going to just have to lock the forums until this is resolved.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The situation is not "much simpler".. Galaxy problem was different.. the backup disc didn't worked on Wiikey.. on Brawl's case, the ORIGINAL disc doesn't work with Wiikey! And we don't know when we'll have a dump of the game, and no one knows if the dump will work with Wiikey.. eventually the problem will be resolved, we can't predict anything by now, have patience..
wink2.gif

ozz3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
but the wiikey team already knows the issue is dual layer, and many have said it is quite easy to fix

it should work with wiikey with the proper update seeing as how cyclowiz has (which supports DL)

ozz3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
isnt it the same

EDIT: wait, it isnt. and the wiikey team is referring to dual layer.
Crap, i hope my dell vostro 1500 laptop can burn duals.

Guaraná

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
but the wiikey team already knows the issue is dual layer, and many have said it is quite easy to fix

it should work with wiikey with the proper update seeing as how cyclowiz has (which supports DL)
they never said the issue was the DL. They said they were aware of the situation (Wiikey not reading SMBB) and they will try to fix it.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What? Seriously? Do people have nothing better to do then this? Come on people! Walk away from the computer and read a book. Watch some dvds. Go outside and walk the dog. Just do somethign else for a while.

Christ alive I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

With that said...I'd give it 2-3 days. 4 days tops.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Just to make things clear.. The issue is not the Dual Layer! Wiikey can read Dual Layer discs perfectly fine, and if it couldn't read, we're talking about a legit copy of the game here! When an original disc is put on the console the Wiikey ignores it!

Now, can a moderator please lock this thread before it gets bigger? :/

shark1987

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and how do you figure it took them a week? it(SMG) was released on a saturday night if i remember correctly and we had a fix on monday night (maybe tuesday). either way it was 2-3 days which is what I'm guessing it's gonna take on this.

that is 2-3 days from when it's dumped online, though since it's out and they could technically already have a copy of it available it could be even quicker. maybe the same day we see the game dumped online.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

get yer info straight dude.. wiikey+dvd9 is just fine at the moment.
For example the latest gamecube multi-disc version on dvd9, creates a dvd9 image that you burn on *shock horror* a dual layer disc which works _fine_ on wiikey'd wii's.
Probably SSBB is not a full dvd9 game at all, since not all wii's can read the whole dvd9 image by default. More likely it's searching for a sector on that dvd9 disc, and wiikey has some sort of issue with THAT. It's not as simple as "wiikey doesn't do dvd9".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent