Pre-Installed Modchip, HBC and Backup Launcher

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ReyRey184, Dec 2, 2008.

1. ReyRey184
    OP

Newcomer ReyRey184 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi there,

A friend of mine wants me to help him install the HBC and the Gamma backup Launcher on his Wii. His Wii came with a Modchip Pre-Installed and he says that he has no idea what brand of Modchip it is. Anyway, my question is this....is running the twilight hack, installing the HBC and Gamma Backup Launcher on the Wii
    possible when the Wii already has a Modchip Pre-installed. Secondly, the method by which you achieve this; is this how it would be if the Wii had no Modchip or are there different instructions that must be followed because of the Modchip. Finally, is there any other useful information you can dispense about running homebrew or backups on a Wii with a pre-installed Modchip?

Thanks for any assistance that is offered.

~P~

2. Sorox

Member Sorox Master Firo Soul

United States
    Why does your friend need a B-launcher if he has a mod-chip? Back on topic though. No problems will occur as long as you know what youre doing. You can install the homebrew channel easily by the tutorial listed somewhere in this forum. as for the backup launcher, theres no need for it cause you gots qa modchip. if you still want it, ask someone else if it works with a modchip cause im clueless.

3. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    if you go to wiibrew.org you can get all the information you need, AFAIK if you have a ModChip installed, there's a way to install the HBC thru a DVD, so you don't need to run the TPHack, but i guess this only works in 3.2 and earlier, that is the only diference in having a ModChip, not that is the only way to do it, is just that you have ALSO that option, everything else is the same...!!! [​IMG]

4. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If he has a modchip already...then he should just use Gecko OS instead of the Gamma loader.

5. innercy

Member innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

if u already got a modchip, u can use hbc iso burned into your dvd. u can directly install hbc 0.8 and u can upgrade to 0.9 using network.

i also got a modchip n i use backup launcher as well as starfall as a region free method. so far so good.