NULL

Question PPSSPP and Dissidia 012

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by tabzer, May 1, 2019.

1. tabzer
    OP

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    Anyone having issues with with saving? I have tried all revisions up to nightly 5-1, and am encountering the same issue. I can save, but then if I load the save I made, I can not save again.

2. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    Could use savestates *for now* some games simply just can't save atm.

tabzer likes this.
  3. tabzer
    OP

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    lol, yeah. I am just worried if I am playing off of a broken savestate, I will never ever be able to save with it. PPSSPP allows me to save once, and it must be doing it wrong, because after I load it I can't save again.

4. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    You have the PPSSPP assets installed? As for savestates, the saving is a core issue, and SS's might not play a role in that.

5. tabzer
    OP

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan

Yeah, every day I try the newest nightly to see if the problem has been addressed. You are right that if I never try saving in the first place, and rely only on SS, I may not end up screenshotting an already corrupted situation. I would rather save myself from the risk and not get invested in any progress. I am going to end up wanting to save.

6. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    What worked for me was saving my game in a new slot, restart the content and then load the new save. Then saving worked again for me.

tabzer likes this.
  7. tabzer
    OP

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    Woah. I hadn't thought to try that and I thought I tried everything. Sure enough, that fixed it. I haven't really an idea why it does that. Must be because the PSP data in the save leaves something residual that creates conflict with the PPSSPP save. US -> EU? Not a clue. Anyway, thank you very much.

Last edited by tabzer, May 4, 2019
  8. Bluer

Bluer Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2019
    Poland
    Hey @tabzer, how does Dissidia 012 works in terms of performance on your switch? EUR version has less sound stutter, but I still have some minor sound crackling during pre-fight scenes or when scrolling through some menus too fast.

tabzer likes this.
  9. tabzer
    OP

tabzer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2019
    Japan
    I get some crackling, but I stick to the nightlies hoping it gets picked up. The project has improved performance by a leap since its first public beta.

Bluer likes this.