OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
POWDER 113
Multiplatform roguelike game
powder100.PNG
Jeff Lait has updated his roguelike game POWDER to its 113th release, available for the GBA, DS, Wii, PSP, and most modern PC operating systems as well as a few other platforms.

If you're currently playing a character, make sure to finish before updating - high scores carry over between versions, but saved games do not. [/p]
* Fireball and Cloudkill always explode at the end of their trajectory.
* When you gain permanent intrinsics by evolving or lichifying, relevant temporary intrinsics will be cleared, preventing you from having a silver-tolerant lich. (Nathan Bogue)
* Timestamps on the final character dump and the description of how long you lived will now match. (Deozaan)
* You can wish for bones and corpses without them instantly dissolving. (Garron)
* You can no longer fetch items that have teleport fixed. (Eris Discordia)
* When a creature (un)polys into a gargantuan creature, it will now also push away monsters in addition to crushing walls. (Nathan Bogue)
* Lich-form creatures that are undead no longer report it being your evil that was useless. (garron Bailey)
* When you name an item, the menu defaults to naming the type rather than the specific as this is the usual scenario.
* The floor of the kiwi room is now the proper floor tile.
* Controled teleport onto the square you are already standing no longer reports that you are blocked, but that you decide to stay put.
* Mysterious mapping of rooms fixed. Thanks to Kender and Mental Mouse for tracking this down - it has been annoying me for six years or so! (David Damerell, Eilu, Kender, Mental Mouse)
* buildall.sh should work with --use-home-dir again. (garron)
* The option menu no longer has Load. Instead it has Quit, which prompts you if you meant this. Loading is now only done from the main menu.
* No experience for killing your pets.
* Confirmation prompt if starting New Game with active saved game as one can easily accidentally overwrite it.
* Some spells when mistargeted no longer waste your mana. Not all, so remain vigilant.
* Cancelling your choice in the Wish menu no longer costs a turn.
* Fix potential crash when you are killed by splash damage from a thrown item.
icon11.gif
Download (Wii)
icon11.gif
POWDER homepage
discuss.png
Discuss

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
rikuumi said:
...troll post removed...

you obviously are one of those children who feel that gaming has to be 3d or next gen to be a real "game." powder is a wonderful example of a dungen crawler done right. perhaps if you could code your way out of a paper bag you would appreciate it for what it is.

@FireEmblemGuy: thanks for the news. i'll have to drop this on my gba linker later this week.

-another world

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
rikuumi said:
...troll post removed...

you obviously are one of those children who feel that gaming has to be 3d or next gen to be a real "game." powder is a wonderful example of a dungen crawler done right. perhaps if you could code your way out of a paper bag you would appreciate it for what it is.

@FireEmblemGuy: thanks for the news. i'll have to drop this on my gba linker later this week.

-another world

+1

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
He's actually been updating it fairly consistently for the past several years.
Also, it's not an old game. It's a roguelike, where the graphics don't matter.

It's my favourite homebrew game of all time and it's one of the only games of it's genre on the DS at all (including commercial releases).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes! The last time I updated POWDER was 104, that version is about about 2 years old, according to his archives. Time for an update! Think I'll go for the DS version instead of the GBA version this time. Should be pretty darn refined by now.

I remember playing a game like this on either a C64 or an old Apple II....can't rem the name of it though, but if it was for C64, I likely have it stashed away somewhere.

Thanks for the heads-up!
grog.gif

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
rikuumi said:
...troll post removed...

-another world

Marry me.

This game is amazing, and I've spent hours on it.

damnet

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
man I love this game, been playing since version 88 if I'm not mistaken, but hell, It's freaking hard, not as much as nethack, but still hard, I find it pretty impossible to be a pure mage on it and live past the 6th floor, actually using magic is useless for me, I always last longer when I go for a simple brute setup, heavy armor, warhammer, etc... and still I will get to say floor 12 and die on a stupid way like being so badly poisoned that my life goes from full to 0 in under 2 seconds.. or starving to death....

did anyone here actually finished this? ever?

skoondi

Trophies
XP
Country
This is indeed an awesome game, in fact one of the only games I play on my DS
tongue.gif
damnet said:
did anyone here actually finished this? ever?
Yes I've finished it a couple of times but not since about 105 or so, I've just updated and started playing again. My brother has also finished it once. Pure Mage would be very difficult (impossible? way too few hit points) I tend to have the best game/fun playing a fighter/mage or barbarian, better get back to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: