Post your collector items!

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a bit of a collection going on, and I figured why not share it, and have people of the community share their collections as well.

But, in order for it to be considered a collection, it has to be of one type of thing. So for example, you can't say "here's my PS2 collection!" and it's just a PS2 and a bunch of games. No, this has to be a collection of stuff related to video games, but not games itself. So for example, below is my collection of the Mario stuff that I've managed to obtain so far.

Items
dsc0115qv.jpg

Posters
dsc0116ut.jpg

dsc0117yy.jpg

dsc0118kz.jpg

T-Shirt
dsc0120hq.jpg

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you can count all of my Hello Kitty stuff together with my copies of Hello Kitty games xd

I do have the collectors edition of Duke Nukem, The guide edition of GTA SA and the Rapture edition of Bioshock 2.
Will post them tomorrow.

edit: Nice collection there mate ;o

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry it took so long.

But this is my "latest" Limited collectors edition.

gallery_285041_202_928427.jpg

It contains:
The game.
A bust of Duke.
Duke playing cards.
Duke artwork book.
Duke post cards.
Duke sticker.
Duke papercraft.
Duke comic.
Duke dice.
Duke Poker chips.
And as final a certificate of authenticity.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I have is KH: Birth by Sleep with the special sleeve on the case. Now I feel like I shouldn't have opened it. Look at this http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140519031542

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...I don't think I have any collector items besides some LoZ posters from Club Nintendo and that Club Nintendo Nobember error calender card. I do have an Original Halo Combat Evolved Xbox and...that's kind of it. I've never been one for collector editions although recently I've been interested in some things...

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...I do collect the collector's editions of video games. I know you said not to post your games, but they're the special/collector's editions. Does that count?

Also, I have tons of strategy guides, dating as far back as the mid- to late-90's. Back then they were called "unauthorized strategy guides." I have them for most of the major games for each console generation like Dragon Warrior IV, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy VI (but it was for actually for Final Fantasy III for the SNES), Resident Evil, etc. The production value of strategy guides back then was so shitty, they were all in black and white and printed on crappy paper. It's cool to see how far we've come since the first strategy guides were made.

Now that strategy guides are commonplace and pretty nice-looking nowadays, I always get the hardbound collector's editions whenever they're available. I don't even read them; the majority of them are still sealed. I get them because the hardcovers usually come with something extra like lithograph prints, cloth maps, exclusive art, etc. And damn do they look good on a bookshelf as a nice contrast next to my medical textbooks ;)

Being in New York temporarily for school, I only have a small collection of hardcover CE strategy guides with me right now. The vast majority of my collection is back at my folks' house in California. I'll post a picture of what I have with me when I get the chance.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have four of the limited edition Zelda statues (from first4figures), normal, Goron tunic, and Zora tunic Link, and Sheik. A Zelda Four Swords and a Final Fantasy X poster/banner thingy, four of the Ocarina of time Soundtracks (five if you include the OoT3D one) all sealed, the Zelda 3DS, One of the Valiant Zelda comics, A Castlevania necklace, Mario Hanafuda cards, a couple of old consoles (which are probably not all that rare, but mine are still boxed (an Audio Sonic Telesports III, A Commodore 64, and an Atari 2600 (junior though, my woody has no case I'm afraid)), and a couple of limited edition games (Bioshock 2, Assassin's creed revelations, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls,Xenoblade Chronicles (with the red controller), Zelda Skyward Sword, Zelda Spirit Tracks, Legend of Heroes Trails in the sky, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep (sealed)).

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the stuff I own, the stuff I've managed to snap a photo of (excuse the large sizes on some of them D= ):

SUPER MEAT BOY ULTRA EDITION RETAIL, SIGNED BY EDMUND MCMILLEN AND TOMMY REFENES:

KGU6r.jpg

SUPER MEAT BOY SPECIAL 2-DISC EDITION SOUNDTRACK, SIGNED BY COMPOSER DANNY BARANOWSKY

jgyLl.jpg

GBATEMP LIMITED EDITION SUPERCARD DS TWO:

saURK.jpg
aSQEK.jpg

PROFESSOR LAYTON T-SHIRT THING:

tvK8h.jpg

BIOSHOCK 2 COLLECTOR'S EDITION:

FRuEr.jpg

BANANA:

vaRLM.jpg

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 SPECIAL EDITION:

gCD9J.jpg
vHBMY.jpg

ONLINE PRE-ORDER TEE:

UJTh9.jpg

CHICAGO PRE-LAUNCH EVENT DJ POSTER:

AgJ7e.jpg

METAL GEAR SOLID BIG BOSS EDITION PSP:

70EPM.jpg
upx9h.jpg

GOD OF WAR EDITION PSP W/SWAPPED BUTTONS (gifted to GBAtemp member):

ZhTne.jpg
bD0gr.jpg

b9aRV.jpg

rXRyR.jpg

KxHHM.jpg

GOLD ZELDA TRIFORCE GBA SP (EU EXCLUSIVE):

kmSje.jpg

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, finally had some time to post some shots. Here's what I have with me. My collection back home is considerably larger.
mHc4s.jpg

The one with the blank white spine between LoZ: Twilight Princess and Red Dead Redemption is for Batman: Arkham City.
gq8sZ.jpg

I had to take a separate pic for this GoW3 guide because I found it on a separate part of the bookshelf after I took the first pic:
And I did not pay $34.99 for it as indicated by the price tag--for some reason it was only $14.99. I rarely ever pay full price for my guides; usually I get them for 50-60%off.
And at Best Buy, when you purchase a game and a guide at the same time, they give you a 15% discount on the guide. I got the discount.
I guess it's supposed to nudge people to buy strategy guides with their games, but I didn't buy GoW at the time I got this guide.
In fact, I believe I was preordering Mass Effect 3 and Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City :P Long story short, I got it for $12 plus tax. Not too bad!
TgA7G.jpg

GIA6o.jpg

Oh, and if you've played MGS3, I have some Calorie Mates. They taste alright. I don't see why Big Boss loved them so much. I guess compared to a tree frog, they're awesome.
mip8l.jpg

skPRk.jpg
And speaking of frogs, I actually have a Ga-Ko and two Kerotan coin banks sitting on my desk back home storing all my Japanese yen coins. The bank only exchanges paper bills back to US currency, so I'm stuck with those coins until the next time I go back to Japan and can use them. Wish I had a pic of them so I could post them here :(

And the guy who made the post in the forum where I found that pic was spewing a load of crap. I bought mine in Japan at a store called Tokyu Hands (sort of like a Japanese Wal-Mart) for 700 yen each. At the time, the exchange rate was about 120 yen to USD $1, so it came out to a little under $6 per Kerotan/Ga-Ko. "Rare," "Konamistyle" exclusives, my ass :glare: I should've bought a shit ton of them and auctioned them off to suckers if people buy into that crap!

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?