Homebrew WIP Porting over Codehandler + Code Types to the Switch + Cheat Database. But need a little bit of help

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
I just thought it'd be cool if I could port the Codehandler and Code Types from my Lynx Code Manager to the Switch.
But before I do that I need a few things to be clarified:
  1. What's the effective/logical range of the general purpose memory? (e.g. Wii U has 10000000 - 50000000)
  2. Is the memory Big Endian or Little Endian?
  3. Is anyone willing to cooperate with me and can implement the Codehandler into their TCP client or USB client? A communication through TCP or USB is necessary because cheats must be sent from a computer.
  4. Do I need syscalls in order to write into memory?
    4.1. If yes, which are those? Documentation?
  5. Is it possible for the Codehandler to inherit all access privileges?
  6. Anyone willing to create a cheat code manager? @BullyWiiPlaza maybe you would to port over JGeckoU ^^
I do have a Cheat Code database for various systems on my Website. Adding support for the Nintendo Switch can be done within a few minutes!
Trustworthy persons can be given access to post their codes.

Here's a documentation of the Lynx Code Types: https://www.follow-the-white-rabbit.net/page.php?tools=lynx_code_manager

Magnus Hydra

It’s rare for me to be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey have you used the NSwitchDebugger yet or sys-netcheat? I know that's not what you're asking for but I though it might help you on ur quest.

Last edited by Magnus Hydra,

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I just thought it'd be cool if I could port the Codehandler and Code Types from my Lynx Code Manager to the Switch.
  1. What's the effective/logical range of the general purpose memory? (e.g. Wii U has 10000000 - 50000000)
  3. Is anyone willing to cooperate with me and can implement the Codehandler into their TCP client or USB client? A communication through TCP or USB is necessary because cheats must be sent from a computer.
  6. Anyone willing to create a cheat code manager? @BullyWiiPlaza maybe you would to port over JGeckoU ^^
I do have a Cheat Code database for various systems on my Website. Adding support for the Nintendo Switch can be done within a few minutes!

Here's a documentation of the Lynx Code Types: https://www.follow-the-white-rabbit.net/page.php?tools=lynx_code_manager
It is arm so it is bi endian, you can use both on this arm i think
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness#Bi-endianness
i think it is little endian by default though
but you can switch the endianess

Also for memory idk the range but it is very likely ASLR

Last edited by Alkéryn,
D

Deleted-452294

Hello,

1. None, the address space layout is randomized due to ASLR.
  2. Little endian.
  3. -
  4. 0x69, 0x6A, 0x6B, 0x73 to 0x78, and there is code using those I believe, in the current "debuggers". (http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=SVC)
  5. -
  6. -

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
OP
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Hey have you used the NSwitchDebugger yet or sys-netcheat? I know that's not what you're asking for but I though it might help you on ur quest.
Not yet since i'm not at home most of the time.
But I will return home the weekend after so I can take my Switch with me :)
Before I have access to my Switch I can already edit the source of the codehandler (it's in C/C++)

1. None, the address space layout is randomized due to ASLR.
I see. But the offset between where the game's general purpose memory starts and a non-pointer cheat is always the right, am I right?
By analyzing some videos on YouTube it seems like we can get the game's memory.

Last edited by CosmoCortney,
D

Deleted-452294

I see. But the offset between where the game's general purpose memory starts and a non-pointer cheat is always the right, am I right?
By analyzing some videos on YouTube it seems like we can get the game's memory.
I believe it should be, except for the heap I assume.

Reactions: CosmoCortney

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1